Massive KotOR II Steam Edition Update

http://steamed.kotaku.com/ten-years-later-star-wars-kotor-ii-gets-an-official-up-1719284362

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II --the best KotOR-- just got a huge update, for some reason.

The update just dropped on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. It’s a doozy—at least, for a game that’s more than ten years old.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
  • Steam Cloud saves
  • Native widescreen resolution support
  • Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
  • Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
  • Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day
  • Oh... and we added a “Force Speed Effects” option in the menu ;)

For those not in the know, the Restored Content Mod is a years-spanning project that aims to return the game to its proper form—rather than the sloppy, stitched together version that was originally released due to publisher pressure and time constraints. The mod adds a handful of endings and the infamous HK Factory—among many other things—and fixes hundreds of bugs. It’s a must-download, and it’s now easy to access on KotOR II's Steam Workshop.

The update comes as a surprise, given that KOTOR II hasn’t been updated in ages. I reached out to Aspyr Media—who handled the update—to find out why this happened now, but as of press time they’d yet to respond. I, however, don’t plan on looking a gift bantha in the mouth, because bantha mouths are gross. Also because KOTOR II is an amazing RPG, and now it’s better than ever. Think you’ll dive back in?

:dancing:

• Like 4

I'll check the Steam forums, but I started the prologue on the Ebon Hawk, so weird, the camera angle becomes aimed at the ceiling and one of the buzzy background sound effects overpowers all else, particularly on menu screens. I'm still happy for this release, I just need to figure out what's happening that shouldn't be.   

Day late and dollar short edit. I'm not an idiot, I just play one in real life. Or I just forgot. If you hold the right mouse button and move the mouse forward or back, the camera moves down or up. For whatever reason, the first tool tip moves the camera toward the ceiling, but it is possible to bring it back down, on demand. Not a bug, just user error. Thank god, I'm so glad. Dumb, but glad. 

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, 6 whole comments... even the GOG forums speak more of this than OE's own boards... :/

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The game is so old, it's been discussed to death years ago (the game itself that is).  I still played it 12 months ago with the restoration mod though and am more than happy to see the complete package so to speak on steam. Time to take it for a spin again :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I used to think it was black and white--you make one choice, Dark Side or Light. It's not. The best story bits unlock when you transition from one to other. 

On a second playthrough since the update, my Sith Marauder chose a path of redemption just before the end-game and suddenly dialogue became twice as interesting, particularly with Atris and Visas, even Kreia.

Not sure if it's the TSLRCM, but the shock of seeing all this content I missed brings back that old feeling where you plan your next build before finishing the current one--never played a Sentinel before, could be difficult with only a couple of blasters.       

All Stop. On Screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Like 3

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee