Mass Effect 4 - will a dispraiser of Mass Effect 3 enjoy it?

samm

Yeah, I like the premise well enough, it's a bit generic and derivative sounding but, well, the premise of the existing MEs isn't highly original and they were enjoyable enough. So long as I don't take them too seriously. It's actually sounds a bit like something I previously said I would have liked to see tried with Mass Effect- and if that post is accurate seems a sensible enough extension of what they brought in with ME3 and what worked well enough there.

I'm intrigued by the idea of playing as some sort of explorer who lands on an unknown world and has to explore it to see what's there before they decide whether it's a planet capable of sustaining a new colony.

How much that actually ends up playing into the story will determine how much I end up enjoying it.  If it's ultimately simplistic in that you arrive, clear out some bugs you encounter, and declare the planet safe, that will ruin the appeal.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Quite. I like the idea. Just ditch the multiplayer, tone down the shooter elements, let me play as an explorer rather than a soldier, let me choose my class and race, and I will happily fork out a wodge of cash for this.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

The author seems to think that all your crew members from the original trilogy showing up in Andromeda would be a good thing, but seriously, that would be stupid beyond belief.

New story, new story arc, new characters.  Don't be cheap and add existing characters just for fandom.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

DIdn't they say that it will be separated by a few hundred of years and in a completely different galaxy? Why the timeline is a nice try of a fan fiction, I would be really surprised if they would go with it as official Bio....

They did.  Which is why any of the old characters from the Shepard trilogy showing up would be effing stupid.

WTF is a "dispraiser"?  The word you're looking for is CRITIC.

I was surprised to find dispraise is a real word, albeit synonymous with criticize. Seems it's an antiquated term that's fallen out of general use.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."