The Weird, Random, and Interesting things that Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Heh. For a great way of getting in touch with the voting population.. . Labour's  Shadow Environment Secretary who is a self-described "militant vegan" has recently said In an interview with vegan magazine Viva!life: "I really believe that meat should be treated in exactly the same way as tobacco, with public campaigns to stop people eating it. Progress on animal welfare is being made at EU level … but in the end it comes down to not eating meat or dairy."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Okay, just for upping the ante on all those billionaires...

Business Insider - Mobile Private Island

Yacht design has gotten pretty extravagant in recent years, but nothing compares to Kokomo Ailand.

More mobile island than yacht, Kokomo is a floating, semi-submersed vessel with a level of luxury that rivals a four-star resort. According to renderings, the "private floating habitat" features multiple decks and amenities, a sky-high penthouse suite, and a beach club.

The company behind it, Migaloo Private Submarines, hasn't received any orders yet, but it claims Kokomo can be built to specification immediately with existing technology. According to a representative, "the price depends strongly on the client's wishes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv2dS63Kzb8

I was tempted to put this under funny things...

Kill it with Fire is a common response to spiders. It just pays not to do it at a petrol station...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56lFhpByO2s

9Yw4bPP.jpg

An incredibly thin house.

Is it coincidence that the "thin house" just happens to look like one of those home pregnancy test devices?  Also why does the man at the bus stop look like he should be in a video game, not real life?

EDIT: Ah, I see the proposed Keret House instillation mockups - http://www.kerethouse.com/

Don't think that was the design that was used, from what I can find online.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Oh, and in regards to that drone thread that was floating around t he other month....

Fossbytes - US Police will now use Armed Drones Weaponised with Tasers and Tear Gas

Short Bytes: In a surprising development, Police in North Dakota are now authorised to use armed drones equipped with tasers, rubber bullets, tear gas and other “non-lethal” weapons, after the passage of House Bill 1328. Ironically, this bill was originally intended to limit the surveillance powers of the police.

Do you remember the terror-drone out in the wild that fired deadly bullets? If that news disturbed you, here’s something more. The police force in North Dakota will be the very first one in the US to start using armed drones with non-lethal weapons. However, these non-lethal weapons have killed as many as 40 people in the US this year.

North Dakota, the first US state to legalize the armed drones, is one of the six officially designated test sites where testing of drones is allowed. Here, the police will need a warrant that will state the information about exactly where, why and for how long a drone will be deployed. Previously passed version of HB 1328 prevented the law enforcement from using the information obtained from a drone to get a warrant- or to use it as an evidence in court.

According to the Daily Beast, the police had been arguing from a long time that there was no need for the House Bill 1328. Police supported their argument by comparing the similarities in drone and helicopters.

Rick Becker, the original sponsor of the bill, said: “This is one I’m not in full agreement with. I wish it was any weapon. In my opinion there should be a nice, red line: Drones should not be weaponized. Period.”

The new and revised version of the bill now allows police to load the UAVs with bean bags, sound cannons, rubber bullets, pepper spray and other less-lethal weapons. This bill also includes the need of extensive reporting to force the police transparency.

It would be interesting to see how fast the police department starts using the armed drones. Talking about the other states, we could expect similar laws and some more heated debates on this topic.

Aimee Mullins - My 12 pairs of legs

Athlete, actor and activist Aimee Mullins talks about her prosthetic legs — she's got a dozen amazing pairs — and the superpowers they grant her: speed, beauty, an extra 6 inches of height ... Quite simply, she redefines what the body can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYPM_9i0KY

Right, decided the weeb to carpentry ratio was too big for that vid to really be worthwhile.
Have this gif of a lucky escape instead.

FPtd1oi.gif

Edited by GhoulishVisage

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Maybe stop putting pink post-its on the screen?

You're what we need on tech support. How do you feel like relocating to NYC

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@tamimh  Looks like you installed the Pillars 2.0x patch but not the corresponding Wild March 2.0x patch. You need both, as BAdler stated here.

@tamimh  Looks like you installed the Pillars 2.0x patch but not the corresponding Wild March 2.0x patch. You need both, as BAdler stated here.

My game version is v2.02.0749 PX1. I think I have all the patches. which one do you think I missed?