1.06 Hotfix Live on Steam

I'm seeing perception add to accuracy instead of deflection on character creation sheets now. Is that new/intended?

ditto. the description of Perception also says as much (Deflection changed to Accuracy).

this is kind of annoying considering how i am ~10 hours into a TCS run and dumped PER on my Wizard -_-

Edited by thefairman

I now get this since the update:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/36373486560048943/1CDAC263846642F922F66826A5C13230A70EE659/

If I keep pressing random buttons it loads the characters on the screen but with a white background no world around them.

If that's the case right click on the game in stream, go into local files and clicked 'verify integrity of game cache'.

While I appreciate Obsidian trying to make this as  good as possible this is also why I do not like a lot of patches.  "If it ain't broke don't fix it".  Now I can't get Kana to stop chanting.  First time I had this problem.   

The game was playable now I can't play it.  At least with my current game.  Is there a way to back out that last "fix"?

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

While I appreciate Obsidian trying to make this as  good as possible this is also why I do not like a lot of patches.  "If it ain't broke don't fix it".  Now I can't get Kana to stop chanting.  First time I had this problem.   

The game was playable now I can't play it.  At least with my current game.  Is there a way to back out that last "fix"?

I just tested my save file with Kana, and his chants work fine in and out of combat. If you're confused by his chant icon on the ability bar being highlighted all the time, that's how it's supposed to be if you activated it..

I now get this since the update:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/36373486560048943/1CDAC263846642F922F66826A5C13230A70EE659/

If I keep pressing random buttons it loads the characters on the screen but with a white background no world around them.

You're still on version 0591, which means your update failed for some reason. Verify your cache.

It seems to be a UI bug. The accuracy on all of my characters is the same as before the hotfix.

EDIT - scratch that; I loaded my latest save, and it appears that the accuracy value has increased (but I'm not 100% sure)

Edited by Insolentius

It seems to be a UI bug. The accuracy on all of my characters is the same as before the hotfix.

EDIT - scratch that; I loaded my latest save, and it appears that the accuracy value has increased (but I'm not 100% sure)

Well, I'm taking my Lilit's Shawl on and off and it gives +3 to deflection. Though maybe the deflection from the basic stat is affected as yeah, my save also looked funny.

ED: nah, that's just an illusion - as you've said, it's only an interface bug.

Edited by NerdCommando

I just tested my save file with Kana, and his chants work fine in and out of combat. If you're confused by his chant icon on the ability bar being highlighted all the time, that's how it's supposed to be if you activated it..

no, he keeps chanting and I cannot get him to stop or do anything else.  I have tried reloading an starting the fight again with the same result.  He refuses to recognize that the enemy is all dead and the fight over.  All was fine before the update.  Just started after the update.

nakia_banner.jpg

no, he keeps chanting and I cannot get him to stop or do anything else.  I have tried reloading an starting the fight again with the same result.  He refuses to recognize that the enemy is all dead and the fight over.  All was fine before the update.  Just started after the update.

Hmm... it appears that the combat state didn't end properly. Can you can cast combat-only spells even if there are no enemies around? Try maiming Kana.

can anyone tell me what the serial number of the game should be? Is it ending with 0591?

It's supposed to be 0617.

Curious. Steam didn't update and I don't see any option in the client to force it. The general setting for the game are set to constantly update, anyway.

Is there like a full patch notes or something? Seems like quite a few stuff were changed. The AoE of Mental Binding has been severely reduced; the base AoE now is only 2.0m.

I assume that some stuff they were planning for 1.07 bled into this hotfix.

Hmm... it appears that the combat state didn't end properly. Can you can cast combat-only spells even if there are no enemies around? Try maiming Kana.

I have been playing the game as Administrator.  Let me change that and see if I need to let Steam reset or something.  Maybe verify files.  Can't do that right now but will try later.  Thanks for the help.  

nakia_banner.jpg

Guys, I've found some interesting lines in PoE language files after 1.0.6.0617  whistling.gif   
Some new lines in gui.stringtable
Use Per-Rest Abilities, Auto-Attack (behaviour options?)
Defend Self, Defensive, Aggressive (behaviour types?)
AI script is Active / AI script is Inactive
etc.

as well as descriptions of some predefined behaviour patterns for each class in abilities.stringtable, example:

If Per Rest is enabled, the druid will cast Dancing Bolts, Nature's Mark, Talon's Reach, Insect Swarm, Infestation of Maggots, Returning Storm, and Stag's Horn as applicable. If Per Rest is not enabled, the druid will behave normally unless are Engaged in melee and reduced to less than 50% Endurance, in which case they will Spiritshift.

I wish that party AI editor is on the way!  banana.gif   But it might be just some testing stuff from devs original.gif

Edited by djkovrik
  • Like 1