Hero-U Kickstarter

Tuckey

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is a Win/Mac/Linux adventure role-playing game by Lori and Corey Cole, Quest for Glory series creators. So if your an old/new fan of theirs they could use your support.

From the kickstarter page

"In the spirit of our acclaimed Quest for Glory series, Hero-U is an adventure game and an RPG that combines role-playing, exploration, turn-based combat, an immersive story, and rich character interactions to create a unique and fun game experience."

So if your curious to check it out

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/hero-u-adventure-role-playing-game

We had a thread for the original kickstarter, and I lobbied for support back then.  Even though I sympathize with their plight, I can't in good conscience jump on board again when they are running a second round without producing any real results.

That being said, they aren't far from their goal.  I dropped $75 on them last time.  I'm not sure if I really wish them luck, I consider my payment good for the memories.  :/ 

But they have produced results and are most of the way there already, check out the updates.

Also lots of kickstarters have gone for a second round when the plans and scope have changed so not unprecedented.

I hope they get the extra cash, but they've already got my money from before.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I hope they get the extra cash, but they've already got my money from before.

Same.  I hope they get money to finish the game and make it the best they can, but I'm not pledging a second time.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I pledged for the original as well, and though the game looks much better than the original pitch, I've given what I can.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I pledged for the original as well, and though the game looks much better than the original pitch, I've given what I can.

You can always give more? Surly you have another $20 ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's the principal of the thing!

3425-309x316.jpg

Sure, then rather say " I won't give more to this KS" 

But that's not the same thing as saying "  I can't give more "  :) ( yes its semantics I know )

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3425-309x316.jpg

But that's not the same thing as saying " I can't give more " :) ( yes its semantics I know )

I can't give more. My parents help with groceries and my credit cards are maxed. I have no money to give. I haven't pledged to a kickstarter since numenera. There is dlc I have on my wishlist on steam that went on sale for 60 cents and I held off hoping it would be cheaper during the summer sale.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

3425-309x316.jpg

But that's not the same thing as saying " I can't give more " :) ( yes its semantics I know )

I can't give more. My parents help with groceries and my credit cards are maxed. I have no money to give. I haven't pledged to a kickstarter since numenera. There is dlc I have on my wishlist on steam that went on sale for 60 cents and I held off hoping it would be cheaper during the summer sale.

Okay....now I feel really bad, you have found my Achilles heel. Guilt...I want to apologize for making assumptions...I want to make it up to you somehow. Can I pledge for you, $25?

John Milton 

Nah, dont feel guilty, it was my own overspending that led to my situation

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nah, dont feel guilty, it was my own overspending that led to my situation

Still, its about the principle. I'll send you a PM :)

John Milton 

Glad to see that. I was worried what might happen to the original project if the supplemental kickstarter failed.

Pity there is really no way it reaches 200K since this game really needs voice acting. But oh well.