How do you pay hirelings at the Stronghold

My party is in Dyrford.  I've belatedly realised that I can hire troops to guard the Stronghold.  I hired five some battles and camps ago.  Now I find that they haven't been paid.  How do I pay them?  Do i need to return to the Stronghold, and if so need it be ASAP?  I'd rather complete outstanding quests here first.  Thanks.

[Edit] Ooops!  I appeared to have a problem when I tried to post earlier - I was told I couldn't post again in such a short time, although I hadn't posted for a long time.  After I'd returned and re-posted, I saw that my post was below, with answers.

Edited by Genghis Cunn

Yeah, it's been a bug since release. It's never worked. I have no idea why the string even exists. Even a missing string would've been preferable to the confusion and frustration this causes for a lot of people.

t50aJUd.jpg

I too have this bug with my game but it didn't seem to effect the hirelings in anyway? 

I'd like to see a new function in the game where you could increase the loyalty of hirelings by paying them more money or perhaps even giving them special items.

This bug is universal, has been in the game from the start, and it doesn't have any detrimental effect as long as you're having the money on pay day.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Fun thing:

If you dismiss and rehire hireling and then reload save before doing this, it will stop showing that hireling is unpaid (until next time you exit the game and load the save).

Of course, you can not do with the hireling that is the guest.

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.