Insolentius

Question

Check the screenshot below... 

VNG68xt.jpg

Steps to reproduce

• increase certain skills
  • remove points from those skills before clicking Next
  • repeat this process until you gain extra skill points

After I gained extra 7 skill points, I couldn't reproduce this bug in the same level-up screen. Before you ask, I didn't have any skill points left over from the previous level-up.

6 answers to this question

Yup. Been that way since at least 1.03. Reported in 1.04. Was still broken in 1.05.

Oh, and to be clear, they aren't "extra". They are the points you were supposed to have but would have lost had you not clicked Previous/Next.

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I didn't have any leftover points from when I leveled GM up from 8 to 9 (I recruited her at level 8 ). Are you saying that the "extra" 7 were the points "lost" during the auto-level-up process?

Edited by Insolentius

Haven't tested it extensively, but...

If you recruit her at level 8 (as I do), when you get to level 9, you'll show 11 points to spend (should be 17). Spend them or don't, but i don't remember the game saying, "oh wait, you're missing some points. Here you go" when you get to level 10. In other words, if you don't catch the issue at level 9 and recover those missing 6 points, they are gone.

Same thing would go for Pallegina and Hiravias too (though they aren't "missing" as many)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Something similar happened to me (in 1.06). At level up, I was able to increase Grieving Mother's Stealth skill from 7 to 8 for the cost of just one skill point. Which left me with enough points to increase it again. I recruited her at level 10, I think.

Edited by Infinitron