So I am playing a Triple Crown solo run so for obvious reasons I find myself running a lot (Monk). It seems once you have increased movement speed you can just run away from anything until it is off screen and then it starts to reset but without getting health back. This is especially true when going around corners.

So as a Monk in tough outdoor fights I grab the best bow I have and just hit and run.

Is this the common strategy or is this super cheese that is not intended?

Thanks,

The vast majority of enemies have a range from their original location at which they will turn back and return to their original spot if they are not targeted and if they are not suffering from a hostile effect. Once they turn back they will start regenerating endurance quickly after a few seconds, just like player characters regen endurance quickly a few seconds after combat ends. If you re-engage during the period after they turn around (when they leash) but before they start to regen, you can kill them with very little risk (sometimes archers/gunners/casters will use a ranged attack/ability during this process).

If you want to practice this form of kiting and leashing the best spot I found was the ogres of endless dungeon level 3. I managed to kill all the normal ogre groups (not the very first lone ogre nor the ogre boss group) this way without using a single skill, just bows and fast runner, only eating a couple druid stag horns for the whole floor.

Remember that to make it work you must be at their max range from original location, you can't have any hostile effect on the enemy (includes any chanter effect), and you must not target them either (press "X" key to lose target during bow reload time, then retarget and reshoot, and repeat).

This doesn't appear to be a commonly known tactic yet (strategies are what happen before battles, tactics are what happen during battles). As for if it's too cheesy to use? You paid for the product and now you own it, so it's your own decision to make.

It's called leashing. If you find it too cheesy then don't abuse it. Simple as that.

Since you are soloing the game if you don't abuse leashing then you have to figurine spam for tough fights.

Edited by Evange

It's called leashing. If you find it too cheesy then don't abuse it. Simple as that.

Since you are soloing the game if you don't abuse leashing then you have to figurine spam for tough fights.

For an achievement I would cheese everything I could find a way to. I have no qualms with it, I just was not sure if it was an intended method for people to use or just a byproduct of the baddies scripting