Witcher 3 - The women actually look like women.

Guess Cassandra's VA wouldn't have that problem. :p

(In all seriousness though, I thought Cassandra's was one of the better crafted faces in DA3, female or otherwise. The face sculpting in the game is ....variable, so that's no small thing.)

She was also one of the few characters that were sufficiently fleshed out instead of gimmicky or downright silly like Sera or Iron Bull. I don't know what Bioware did with that game, I mean I still liked it enough to play for almost 150 hours but it feels as if it was developed by a team of interns with a little supervision by seniors.

Animations, character design, parts of the writing, quests, none of that were really up to par, not even when compared to DA2, of all things. It's baffling, and also a little annoying because the potential was there. It can be seen in Jaws of Hakkon, for instance. How typically EA to sell the best content as DLC. Javik anyone? Pfff.

What happened?  What happened was Bio decided to spend time trying to turn it into an open world game that it cut down on the actual story-based content and fleshed out characters.

The irony is the open world was really dull, so they didn't even manage to make a Skyrim/Oblivion like world and still had a less-than-fleshed out main story/main characters.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guess Cassandra's VA wouldn't have that problem. tongue.png

(In all seriousness though, I thought Cassandra's was one of the better crafted faces in DA3, female or otherwise. The face sculpting in the game is ....variable, so that's no small thing.)

She was also one of the few characters that were sufficiently fleshed out instead of gimmicky or downright silly like Sera or Iron Bull. I don't know what Bioware did with that game, I mean I still liked it enough to play for almost 150 hours but it feels as if it was developed by a team of interns with a little supervision by seniors.

What made Iron Bull silly (besides his looks, or is that it?)? His motivations for joining made sense at least, or is it the romance (which I didn't see)?

My favourite female character is probably Josephine, she just makes sense and though they didn't turn her into some sort of doll she doesn't look bad (not in the sense that Sera looks like Gollum...), though whether someone would consider her good looking is, of course, a matter of taste.

Animations, character design, parts of the writing, quests, none of that were really up to par, not even when compared to DA2, of all things. It's baffling, and also a little annoying because the potential was there. It can be seen in Jaws of Hakkon, for instance. How typically EA to sell the best content as DLC. Javik anyone? Pfff.

I assumed Jaws of Hakkon was just more Hinterlands style crap, is it actually worth getting? Does it add some meaningful exposition? (which the main story is sorely lacking)

Edited by marelooke

Guess Cassandra's VA wouldn't have that problem. tongue.png

What made Iron Bull silly (besides his looks, or is that it?)? His motivations for joining made sense at least, or is it the romance (which I didn't see)?

My favourite female character is probably Josephine, she just makes sense and though they didn't turn her into some sort of doll she doesn't look bad (not in the sense that Sera looks like Gollum...), though whether someone would consider her good looking is, of course, a matter of taste.

I assumed Jaws of Hakkon was just more Hinterlands style crap, is it actually worth getting? Does it add some meaningful exposition? (which the main story is sorely lacking)

Jaws of Hakkon doesn't add anything to the main storyline in any direct way, you just get exposition about the first Inquisition - the quest there starts this way, you decide to help someon look for the grave of the first Inquisitor. It's one of the better areas in the game and quite long too, and also pretty, uhm, challenging at times, compared to the rest of the game. I loved the atmosphere and the ruins, and no, it doesn't really compare to the Hinterlands. I didn't regret spending the money on it, but I also sort of liked the base game except for a few things.

Iron Bull was too much of a wannabe badass. Always boasting about screwing everything under the sun and the one time it comes down to a hard decision (his personal quest, essentially) you get to make the decision for him. The romance was worth a laugh at least, but the rest felt rather like Bioware tried to force a badass into the game with a liberal helping of telling instead of showing, not to mention that cutscene where you whack him as training while somehow not managing to miss a single cliché - and not in their usual good way. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

One thing that bothers me, there seems to be a lot more body meshes for male than there are for women. Is it too much to ask for some diversity, or at leas a different cup size?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif