Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

Something tells me McIntosh is behind that little tirade.
The petulant whining about violence in media is McIntosh's drivel verbatim.

MWsHJ5I.png

I believe McIntosh also holds the view that media cannot properly critique violence if it contains violence itself.
I have never seen someone spew so many words so devoid of meaning.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Good news everyone!

Eron Gjoni got funded to get a lawyer to lift his gag order againt Zoe. Once lifted, i wonder what seeeeecrets he will spill.

1431994943833.png

Reddit celebrated this wonderful event by shadowbanning him.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Good news everyone!

Eron Gjoni got funded to get a lawyer to lift his gag order againt Zoe. Once lifted, i wonder what seeeeecrets he will spill.

1431994943833.png

Dude that happened a day ago, with the shadowban being lifted and him raising 5k more.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Good news everyone!

1431994943833.png

Dude that happened a day ago, with the shadowban being lifted and him raising 5k more.

Well, i've been drunk. So there's that!

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Good news everyone!

1431994943833.png

Well, i've been drunk. So there's that!

So have I.

Any word on that dev NicheGamer interviewed?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Wait, Furry Road is supposedly a "feminist movie"?  If so, it fell on deaf ears (and blind eyes) as all I saw was a fun action popcorn flick.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wait, Furry Road is supposedly a "feminist movie"?  If so, it fell on deaf ears (and blind eyes) as all I saw was a fun action popcorn flick.

I think the idea is that it's a femenist movie because of the fact that Furiosa is ostensibly the main character, and the entire end goal for the movie is to attain independence for the badguys... breeders(?)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So, if you have a badass leading female character then it's a "feminist" movie?  By that definition, the Tomb Raider movies were "feminist" movies.  Anyway, I don't feel like taking down "The Patriarchy" any more after watching the movie than I did before, which is to say, not at all.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Good news everyone!

1431994943833.png

Oh hey, another worthless soul making easy money off of stupid internet drama.

Why do people keep giving money for this stuff? Give ME some money instead if you've got that much left over for nonsense.

They consulted with the Vagina Monologues writer to portray the wives better AFAIK. Didn't translate to feminist(of the 3rd wave bourgeois variety at any rate) to me, but I saw the film for the action and was pleasantly surprised by the performance of the actors.

The bad guys chasing the protagonists are a patriarchy built from macho warrior culture staples that treats women like property and the destination is apparently

a matriarchal society of pure good and rainbow progress and sniper rifles to #killallmen

So twitter SjWs are in full masturbatory mode over what they see.

Which is so utterly ironically... the guilt free smashing and dehumanization of the "toxic" good for nothing dudebros... Feels so good, the guilt free "smashing" that is... Toxic masculinity, wut?

Edited by Fighter

The bad guys chasing the protagonists are a patriarchy built from macho warrior culture staples that treats women like property and the destination is apparently

a matriarchal society of pure good and rainbow progress and sniper rifles to #killallmen

Which is so utterly ironically... the guilt free smashing and dehumanization of the "toxic" good for nothing dudebros... Feels so good, the guilt free "smashing" that is... Toxic masculinity, wut?

Well ****, I didn't even realize I was supposed to hate my pen1s watching that.  I just saw a bunch of really badass action and the fact that the crazed raider bad guys happened to be male and the "good guys" (they were pretty ruthless themselves) happened to be female was pretty inconsequential to me, outside of the breastmilk thing, since you can't really get breast milk from dudes.  My bad, I guess.  :ermm:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well ****, I didn't even realize I was supposed to hate my pen1s watching that.  I just saw a bunch of really badass action and the fact that the crazed raider bad guys happened to be male and the "good guys" (they were pretty ruthless themselves) happened to be female was pretty inconsequential to me, outside of the breastmilk thing, since you can't really get breast milk from dudes.  My bad, I guess.  :ermm:

That's why this game of readying a political message into every puddle of water is so asinine. Because if you play that game then... Anita is actually right.

Everything about the movie is completely (stereotypically) masculine. The bada-- female character may have a vagina, but she is a "real man" through and through, it's not her femininity that's being worshiped.

Now if the good guys could win through a rejection of "toxic masculinity" then we could talk.

That's why this game of readying a political message into every puddle of water is so asinine. Because if you play that game then... Anita is actually right.

Everything about the movie is completely (stereotypically) masculine. The bada-- female character may have a vagina, but she is a "real man" through and through, it's not her femininity that's being worshiped.

Now if the good guys could win through a rejection of "toxic masculinity" then we could talk.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Actually males can produce milk under certain circumstances. It's generally rare though, as females are typically the ones who produce breast milk due to pregnancy increasing breast fat.

Good news everyone!

1431994943833.png

Why do people keep giving money for this stuff? Give ME some money instead if you've got that much left over for nonsense.

Huh?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Good news everyone!

1431994943833.png

Huh?

I think the whole thing is a joke and people are idiotic to give one miserable cent to the guys legal fees 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Anita attacking  and shaming other women because they don't agree with her definition of feminism. EVIL TO THE CORE.

And, also shows how much she loathes both men and women (not really it's all about power, control, slavery, and money to her).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I was close to joining #gamergate because of Dragon Age Inquisition, but I'm going to hold off on that. I think DAI was a rare occurance and hopefully a game like DAI will never, ever happen again.

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

I was close to joining #gamergate because of Dragon Age Inquisition, but I'm going to hold off on that. I think DAI was a rare occurance and hopefully a game like DAI will never, ever happen again.

How does one join a hashtag?

You pound on it.

• Like 1

You pound on it.

What you and your wife do in the bedroom is your business Hurlie.

Actually males can produce milk under certain circumstances.

*shudder*

I would have been just fine without knowing that, Kaine.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Actually males can produce milk under certain circumstances.

*shudder*

I would have been just fine without knowing that, Kaine.

I have access to knowledge that would make you tremble.

Such as the fact that a Giant Squid's **** is longer than its body and comes out its mouth.