Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

She really is a poor writer, I mean she's hardly unique in this as most of the modern game journalists are, but that article is a real highlight of how poor her prose is. Rambling, unorganised, humourless, and so very mundane. If she had come to me as an editor I would probably laugh, tell her to cut the piece in half, make a point and remember as Shakespeare stated, "Brevity is wit."

As for the subject matter its hypocrisy is almost unreal, this is the woman whom condemned and insulted millions for indulging in a passtime, who spewed toxic bile and assumptions upon totally innocent people, and now she's stating that there is not enough positivity and fun in gaming. I shouldn't really be surprised but almost everything these self pitying, pseudo victims (please donate to my Patreon) write, but their lack of self awareness and personal responsibility is almost remarkable.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Seeing as I never said men should voice such commentary

Nor did you condemn it. Instead you gave an elementary ebulushunary byologee explanation that is frequently used by self-confessed ‘anti-feminists’ to condone and/or justify sexual harassment.

Now of course you could just be a sweet simpleton who articulated themselves poorly but the rest of your post went on to condemn feminists who advocate for the depiction of women who don’t conform to societal expectations of beauty, with you saying that this is tantamount to shaming attractiveness, being horribly ideological and that it is just so gosh darn impractical as no one will buy a product if its next to some disgusting normie.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So... Bruce has started to spam repeat article. L0L

Also, news of how women are so pure and perfect and loveable innocent angels while men are monsters and rapuists and evil doers:

http://www.thelocal.fr/20150529/frenchwoman-jailed-for-torturing-boyfriend

Talk about male privledge and misogny. :D

So... Bruce has started to spam repeat article. L0L

Also, news of how women are so pure and perfect and loveable innocent angels while men are monsters and rapuists and evil doers:

http://www.thelocal.fr/20150529/frenchwoman-jailed-for-torturing-boyfriend

Talk about male privledge and misogny. :D

And? What is your point....that there are examples of men getting abused by women....yes we all know that.

That has never been the point of contention, its about the fact abuse of women is much more systemic in some places and generally is more common and severe 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nor did you condemn it.

Lemme stop you right there cause I refuse to read further:

This is so asenine, infantile and counter-intuitive to everything that gets taught about fairness. You are suggesting it is ok to charge me as guilty even without proof. That's exactly what you're doing right now.

Grow up. You're just a dime-a-dozen loner on the internet who thinks he's super hip because he's so cynical and critical of others. In reality, it's all you know how to do and the only talent to your name, the end effect being that you make stupid, outrageous statements and stances like this every so often when you're truly limited on stuff to scoff at before stroking your ego about how superior you are for not being like us peons.

Yes I'm being a **** right now, no I don't care. You've earned it.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Nor did you condemn it. Instead you gave an elementary ebulushunary byologee explanation that is frequently used by self-confessed ‘anti-feminists’ to condone and/or justify sexual harassment.

Now of course you could just be a sweet simpleton who articulated themselves poorly but the rest of your post went on to condemn feminists who advocate for the depiction of women who don’t conform to societal expectations of beauty, with you saying that this is tantamount to shaming attractiveness, being horribly ideological and that it is just so gosh darn impractical as no one will buy a product if its next to some disgusting normie.

Some people just don't want to get their body beach ready. What a pity.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Nor did you condemn it.

Lemme stop you right there cause I refuse to read further:

This is so asenine, infantile and counter-intuitive to everything that gets taught about fairness. You are suggesting it is ok to charge me as guilty even without proof. That's exactly what you're doing right now.

Grow up. You're just a dime-a-dozen loner on the internet who thinks he's super hip because he's so cynical and critical of others. In reality, it's all you know how to do and the only talent to your name, the end effect being that you make stupid, outrageous statements and stances like this every so often when you're truly limited on stuff to scoff at before stroking your ego about how superior you are for not being like us peons.

Yes I'm being a **** right now, no I don't care. You've earned it.

Nah you have Baro all wrong

Yes hes cynical but he also doesn't suffer fools and can't abide by illogical behavior and false justifications for things.."like I support GG because of..."

He is also very intelligent and well informed on certain topics so be aware a debate with him will be challenging :geek:  

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Here's a fun tangent: Did you know that when a guy comments on a girl's ass and says she's got a nice ass, he's actually subconciously and completely instinctually recognizing that she's got healthy birthing hips and is more likely to provide a safe and healthy birth?

Another fun tangent: Did you know you don't have to comment on a woman's arse and can in fact keep such comments to yourself.

I hereby award this post the "Most Useless Post that Contributes Nothing but Pure Grade-A Snark" award.

Seeing as I never said men should voice such commentary, never said that I do it myself, how that doesn't really add anything onto the discussion, and quite frankly it just manages to come across as "herpderp I'm too simple-minded to avoid repeatedly responding to the same people with a hostile attitude regardless of what they're actually saying like some pretentious 14 year old child," I can't really think of a better candidate for this award.

Congratulations.

You could also look at it as a thread supporting Sawyer's handling of criticism for including sensitive subjects in New Vegas with over six hundred upvotes compared to the comment inside with twenty.

The issue is that, well, look at the post I linked and other posts within the thread.

It's more like it's upvoted to be discussed. But what is the tone of the posts? A lot of "that's what he gets for pandering to them" or "now I feel slightly less guilty about buying New Vegas" and commentary that implies that developers should somehow prove themselves to the likes of GamerGate to receive it's blessing.

It's very childish, to me, and that's what alarms me. An example of what that attitude reminds me of? Bare with me a sec while I explain: I played an MMO not long ago and met a guy who....So there was this daily quest where you have to go through this dungeon and complete it and you get some stuff. Some people AFK on certain levels of it since it's safe...-ish. What happened? He AFKed with an alt character. A factionmate who was doing the dungeon with their alt character killed his character because they were just the type of person to kill all characters they didn't know on their way through. She had no idea it was his character, or she wouldn't've done it. He checks his computer, finds out, and what's his reaction to his factionmate and comrade unknowingly killing his alt character with their alt? He reported her alt account and provided them with proof that the account was shared by two people, which is illegal and gets the account permanently banned.

That? That's insanity. That's "omg how DARE someone cross my ego, now they must pay for all eternity." That's the most vindictive, childish attitude I've ever seen. And that's kind of what those kinds of people that I linked to remind me of, and that's why it alarms me. They view GamerGate as some crusade on a warpath and all that stand in it's way should PAY!!! You're either with it or against it, as refusing to join it is an INSULT of the HIGHEST ORDER to their outrageous egos, so you should be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly if you don't go along with their agenda.

Granted, as both you and I have pointed out, it's not representative of all of GamerGate. It's still a minority. Me personally though, I am not comfortable with the fact that this minority is happily co-existing amongst all other GamerGate supporters and no one slaps them into shape. I've actually tried, and you just get brigaded and downvoted.

My issue is basically that, with the current climate of that subreddit, I don't see that minority shrinking, only growing. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I honestly just expect the group think and dogpiling anyone who remotely disagrees to continue. I mean, look at Pakman. Pakman was regarded with high respect one minute, and then the guy does ONE interview with Sommers with a "clickbait" title, a critical tone and most of the context being about feminism, and what happens? Tons of posts about how "he's dead to us now." WTF? Calm the hell down you premadonna little ****s. I didn't see anything clickbait-y, he's always critical, and wtf else does Sommers talk about? Her interest in GG is purely in regards to feminist parallels; she offers nothing beyond that.

I should remind you that #gamergate people, especially the outspoken ones, have in some cases outright risked getting a career in the industry at all over this. They're willing to be blacklisted over this. These are the people blacklisting. It's been almost a year of gamergate. Of "you hate women, you hate minorities" bull**** and "I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG, YOU'RE JUST A BLANK-IST :^^^)" and guess what, people are getting pissy. It's what happens. 

Also Pakman's kind of trash and always was.

Some people just don't want to get their body beach ready. What a pity.

860023623_reggie.jpg.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

^Yikes!

On another note, remember Senran Kagura? The game that caused headlines by the usual suspects? The producer has now answered:

V3APtEe.jpg

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

^Yikes!

On another note, remember Senran Kagura? The game that caused headlines by the usual suspects? The producer has now answered:

V3APtEe.jpg

"**** are life, ass is hometown"

I laughed harder at that than I should have.

^Yikes!

V3APtEe.jpg

Japan - One of the last places on Earth where fun is still allowed.

There have been like a half dozen of these games, right?  I've never played any of them, but it seems the series is selling quite well.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^Yikes!

V3APtEe.jpg

Why would he make such a strange comment? Is this a joke ?

John Milton 

^Yikes!

V3APtEe.jpg

He is dead serious. Stop being so ignorant and judgemental of japanese culture.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

^Yikes!

V3APtEe.jpg

I doubt anyone would be so offensive :)

John Milton 

^Yikes!

V3APtEe.jpg

That's in line with Japanese culture. Maybe you should check your privilege and not try to force your culture on him.

• Like 1

^Yikes!

V3APtEe.jpg

That's in line with Japanese culture. Maybe you should check your privilege and not try to force your culture on him.

No I  don't believe you, and privilege has nothing to do with it. I am talking about universal themes and considerations that resonate with most people 

John Milton 

^Yikes!

V3APtEe.jpg

I doubt anyone would be so offensive original.gif

No I  don't believe you, and privilege has nothing to do with it. I am talking about universal themes and considerations that resonate with most people

You don't understand Japanese culture and are trying to shove your values onto someone else. That's incredibly insulting to the Japanese and you should show them more respect.

I did some research and this appears to be his real comment .....what is wrong with this guy?

John Milton 

^Yikes!

V3APtEe.jpg

I doubt anyone would be so offensive original.gif

You don't understand Japanese culture and are trying to shove your values onto someone else. That's incredibly insulting to the Japanese and you should show them more respect.

Thats rich coming from you who claims to " understand " Japanese culture and thinks sexist comments is normal for them.... :ermm:

John Milton 

"Why would he make such a strange comment? Is this a joke ?"

www. killallmen. com

Just a joke.

\But, www. killallwomen. com is DEAD SERIOUS and CAN GET YOU EXECUTED IN WESTERN  WORLD.

R00fles!

I thinka guy, btw, who celebrates going to strip bars to oogle women but whines about 'sexism' when someone else praises those same feminine features is rather hypocritical.

Also, Bruce, do you have a problem when women oogle men and  brag about their boyfriends' **** sizes  and  slobber over male muscles and features?

Of course you don't because not only are you sexist, racist, and hateful, you  view women as weak and helpless. You must REALLY hate  the new Mad Max which protrays women as strong enoguh to take defend themselves without being babysat or treated as children.

OMGZ!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The japanese have completely different attitude to the human body compared to the west, but still have a high culture. Quite fascinating actually.

I can wholeheartly recommend Bruce to watch "In the realm of the senses", it gives great insight of how the japanese people think of themselves, their sexuality and their bodies.

Please do a google image search on "The dream of the Fisherman's wife".

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy