Because most of people are telling us how romance is when it's made by Obsidian....Shows how many Obsidian games you've played.

Let me put it this way:

Neverwinter Nights 2...Check those romances...

Alpha Protocol....

KOTOR 1 wasn't made by Obsidian, just as KOTOR 2 wasn't made by Bioware... Check KOTOR 2 for those Obsidian romances

So, check those games for your precious, meaningful romances, made by Obsidian. Let me know how good they were. What did you enjoy, what was your defining moment?! Did you felt that your love life impacted the story in any meaningful way?!

As for the Bioware romances, god, no...Believable...Rofl...In which way?! But each with their tastes.

Still, do check AP, NWN2 and KOTOR 2 for a taste of Obsidian idea of romance. And post your thoughts if you still consider they should do that and why. Personally, i'd rather watch an old movie or read a book. Plenty good ones there.

I like romance threads...

but if ever there is a romance dlc please include the option to slap your love affair when she/he talks to much like Sir Sean connery did!

It was so hot it freaked me out. Sado maso slap must be an option hello Obsidian please hell yo!

• Like 1

Because most of people are telling us how romance is when it's made by Obsidian....Shows how many Obsidian games you've played.

Let me put it this way:

Neverwinter Nights 2...Check those romances...

Alpha Protocol....

KOTOR 1 wasn't made by Obsidian, just as KOTOR 2 wasn't made by Bioware... Check KOTOR 2 for those Obsidian romances

So, check those games for your precious, meaningful romances, made by Obsidian. Let me know how good they were. What did you enjoy, what was your defining moment?! Did you felt that your love life impacted the story in any meaningful way?!

As for the Bioware romances, god, no...Believable...Rofl...In which way?! But each with their tastes.

Still, do check AP, NWN2 and KOTOR 2 for a taste of Obsidian idea of romance. And post your thoughts if you still consider they should do that and why. Personally, i'd rather watch an old movie or read a book. Plenty good ones there.

AP  & KOTOR 2 both had romances that I enjoyed. Never played NWN2 or have interest to.

For AP I enjoyed the multiple romances with such different female characters that played into the spy milieu. There were two defining moments for me in regards to the romances in AP. 1. was when the archeologist love interest died (for me she died). The scene where the main character reflects on that had feeling that struck a chord with me and it felt that it helped nudge the game away from "super-happy spy fantasy" to a story with some amount of consequences. The other defining moment is when you discover the journalist love interest is really a spy. I remember really enjoying the whole flirtation that builds to the big reveal.

And, yes I did feel that the romances had a meaningful impact on the story. It added another dimension to a straight revenge story to where the main character has concerns other then "who do I need to kill and where are they?".

As for KOTOR 2....my heart flutters at Kelly Hu's performance as Visas Marr. The character was awesome as well, don't get me wrong. The whole story of KOTOR 2 seemed to be about "what happens to a Jedi when everything goes pear shaped and you're the last one left?". You are kinda given license to define how a Jedi behaves on your own terms. In KOTOR the romance had an element of the forbidden, where as KOTOR 2's romance with Visas Marr had an element of the unknown. The scene where the two meditate with each other brought a smile to my face. It was a portrayal of a deep romance that didn't culminate in two flesh bags exchanging genetic information.

The romance as a whole felt very meaningful to the story as like AP it gave another dimension to the main character. Stories feel flat when a main character is told by his circumstances "Go kill the guys that are killing you with a cast of interesting characters. But, don't explore the spectrum of human relationships. You're really just here to play out a murder sim." That exploration of interesting characters interacting in all the different ways that people do interact adds a whole palette for the storytellers to enrich the tale. When romances are missing a noticeable hole is present that I always prefer to be filled.

• Like 1

It's actually very easy to change the existing dialogue. it's just a bunch of text files.

oh eothas, please oh mighty god, tell me how this is done.

I will worship you until the end of time, and you will be hailed throughout the new world as the one and true almighty reigning GOD.

I don't see anything wrong with adding romances TBH. At worst it's a distraction, and when done right it adds a lot to the emotional aspect of the game. People shouldn't look at Bioware games think that romances in games are inherently bad. You should play a few good visual novels (G senjou no maou, Ever17, Clannad,.etc....but stay away from the Type Moon games), you'll see.

Hmmm but none of those involve *my* characters, one that I created, I've played a couple dating sims before to try and scratch that character romance itch, and so far only *one* has done that. (because I'm sick and was, of bioware yanking my chain.)

and even then, I'm some dumb chick which the guy is falling for my "cuteness" (HEAVENS help US ALL.)

I have nooooo character what so ever (headdesk)

Eh, I dont know if this was meant for me oooorr eh, meh.

But that's the point, bioware's sucks, outright. (iron bull romance was outright cringe worthy)

I did do romances in nwn2... .. and then they did that whole... (cough) spoilerrock on you. -.- had me in tears for a month.

And I thought it was nice.. just .. I want to see it again, in THIS little beauty :D

Aloth  :wub:  

...It should be illegal to be that fine. 8) or adorkable ♥

I think this gets to the root of the problem: in a "good" romantic story - Casablanca, Dr Zhivago, the Arthurian myths, Romeo and Juliet, The Tempest - romance is a cause of conflict, and the protagonist has to make a choice, either choice leading to tragedy in one form or another.

The Bioware style romance is pure wish fulfilment. The protagonist can save the world AND get the girl/boy. Good storytelling requires they choose to do either one or the other.

The only Bioware romance that fits that criterion is in Dragon Age Origins, romancing Alistair, then marrying him to someone else and sacrificing yourself to save the world. And even then the penalty for copping out, saving yourself and marrying Alistair isn't really significant.

• Like 2

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

AP  & KOTOR 2 both had romances that I enjoyed. Never played NWN2 or have interest to.

Was quite funny and totally incredible. I used to play a chaotic/evil female wizard and romanced the lawful/good Paladin. I did it for spite and for a laugh - and for my character that was totally in character although the option was unbelievable to say the least.

I think this gets to the root of the problem: in a "good" romantic story - Casablanca, Dr Zhivago, the Arthurian myths, Romeo and Juliet, The Tempest - romance is a cause of conflict, and the protagonist has to make a choice, either choice leading to tragedy in one form or another.

The Bioware style romance is pure wish fulfilment. The protagonist can save the world AND get the girl/boy. Good storytelling requires they choose to do either one or the other.

The only Bioware romance that fits that criterion is in Dragon Age Origins, romancing Alistair, then marrying him to someone else and sacrificing yourself to save the world. And even then the penalty for copping out, saving yourself and marrying Alistair isn't really significant.

I will say there are a few others that can fall into these lines, Morrigan in DA:O excluding a DLC change later (which though rushed, incomplete and not great did keep that choice and outcome ambiguous for both the Warden in question and Morrigan, they end together but go into an unknown and dangerous situation with potential tragedy surrounding the ending , but the DLC was rushed and half-finished, when things started to go bad for the DA franchise) fits this theme in all base game endings. You won't end up with her, and behind and within the potential romance is the reason she joined you in the first place, and the conflict of her duty and aims to rescue the draconic old god power and her feelings for the Warden. No matter what she stays loyal to that commitment and depending how you play it out that ulterior motive can be a kind of betrayal even your character might understand. And if you refuse the dark ritual she leaves and if you accept she only stays till end of the battle, either way the relationship is sacrificed to mysterious and ambiguous motives (which while it can save the Warden, Alistair or Loghain will have unknown consequences for everyone potentially and might lead to something as bad as the Blight or might not, you just don't know) and consequences, and the relationship is over and she leaves you to pursue that agenda and raise the child (either way) alone and unknown to the Warden. So it's a romance overshadowed by the ulterior purpose she had and was using you for despite the fact it might help you live, ends with ambiguity and tragedy even with the most 'positive' ending, painful for both involved since Morrigan didn't expect to love you, didn't want it and wasn't prepared for it. And if you reject the dark ritual she leaves, the Warden can then die and she is recorded seen alone in the wilderness pursuing her mysterious goals raising the child of the Warden by herself. So that romance never ends 'well' and has conflicts with other duties and motives woven into it and lovers divided by different loyalties and agendas and which can end in tragedy, but none have a happy ending as such.

In KOTOR if you were male and romanced Bastila she can be the final reason or push that can pull the PC back under the influence of the dark side (which then involves murdering Mission or forcing Zelbar her longtime friend to do it for you due to manipulating his Wookie life debt and Force persuasion at Bastila's encouragement) or in staying loyal to the Jedi if you can't persuade her back (or just don't believe she can be or are to hurt or angry with her) you end up having to kill the woman your PC loves to win the battle and save the Republic, which is particularly poignant given it was her connection to to the PC which opened and made her vulnerable to the dark side and the fate that befell her in the first place. And from what I remember from NWN Hordes of the Underdark with both Nathyrra or Aribeth *edit or Valen forgot about him :) * (and the other companions) it is possible at the end for them to be seduced and dominated by the Arch-Devil Mephistopheles and you'll have to kill them (and more mundanely you can end up with them just not feeling that way about you and thinking of you as a friend).

And then there is Viconia from BG2, in choosing you (definitely if it's your PC is good or a least leaning mote that way) she pays the price for that visibility and making her rejection of Lolth so noticeable by being murdered and the Bhaalspawn and their son end up in a hopeless war of vengeance against Lolth in the epilogue. And that always has a tragic ending at least for good aligned PCs where Viconia shifts her alignment from neutral evil to true neutral as a result of her character development and growth as a result of the romance.

Edited by NightRevan
  • Like 2

This is simply not true. It is correct as far as romantic stories requiring conflict, but there need not be a choice and even if there is, it need not end in tragedy. There are certainly tragic love stories like the ones you mentioned (though I'm not sure why you include The Tempest), but there are also classic stories such as Alcestis and Pride and Prejudice, where everything works out well in the end. Not every good story needs to be a tragedy.

This is also not true. I haven't played their latest games, but the Baldur's Gate series and Neverwinter Nights both had at least one romance option that was inevitably tragic and Knights of the Old Republic could be tragic depending on the player's choices.

• Like 5

^Inherently I think that's one of the issues with the current crop of romances is that they're designed to only fail if the PC chooses to fail them. 

Which is the reason that it was nice in DAI that

a female elf PC could Romance Solas and have it more or less fail to last, because of plot reasons

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This is completely untrue. There's no one way to write a story. 

And Romeo & Juliet is a tragedy, not a romance. Same way Merchant of Venice is a tragedy and not a comedy.

^Inherently I think that's one of the issues with the current crop of romances is that they're designed to only fail if the PC chooses to fail them. 

a female elf PC could Romance Solas and have it more or less fail to last, because of plot reasons

DONT GET ME STARTED ON THAT.

I'M STILL VYING FOR THAT EASTER EGG HUNT DLC.

none of this jaws of crappon stuff. 

Yeah, that's the main issues what I've been having.

But as far as wish fuffilment, I haven't had any such luck with that one ... ... though it just might be my tastes always seem to be the tragic one.

because

In Mass Effect, anyone you romance ends in tragedy since shepard DIES and if you romance thane. oh lord the tears of the wailing banshee fangirls from the death of thane.

And for DA:O there was alistair, who, broke this little elf's heart.

in DA2 there was Anders

In DAI there was solas ¬¬ still looking for that egg head to come back so I can crack his HARD BOILED HEAD open.

All though the first time I romanced iron bull.. that ended nice I suppose. But, its pure wtf wish fulfillment in the beginning -.-

Edited by GadgetSun

It's actually very easy to change the existing dialogue. it's just a bunch of text files.

I will worship you until the end of time, and you will be hailed throughout the new world as the one and true almighty reigning GOD.

Sure. I'm assuming you have the steam version on windows; I don't know if things are different on other OSs or other sales platforms like GOG. I think it's mostly the same.

Basically you'll want to find the "data" folder which is in the "PillarsOfEternity_data" folder. It will probably look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data

Inside that are three folders: "quests", "conversations" and "localized".

Quests is just filled with .quest files. I think these control the quest structure, variables and experience rewards for quests.

Localized is filled with .stringtable files. this seems to be where all the text in the game is stored

Conversations in filled with .conversation files. These seem to control the dialogue structure and when scripts should fire during dialogue.

You can open and edit .quest, .stringtable and .conversation files with notepad.

• Like 2

DONT GET ME STARTED ON THAT.

I'M STILL VYING FOR THAT EASTER EGG HUNT DLC.

none of this jaws of crappon stuff.

Yeah, that's the main issues what I've been having.

But as far as wish fuffilment, I haven't had any such luck with that one ... ... though it just might be my tastes always seem to be the tragic one.

because

In Mass Effect, anyone you romance ends in tragedy since shepard DIES and if you romance thane. oh lord the tears of the wailing banshee fangirls from the death of thane.

And for DA:O there was alistair, who, broke this little elf's heart.

in DA2 there was Anders

In DAI there was solas ¬¬ still looking for that egg head to come back so I can crack his HARD BOILED HEAD open.

All though the first time I romanced iron bull.. that ended nice I suppose. But, its pure wtf wish fulfillment in the beginning -.-

Everything in Mass Effect ends in tragedy, not just your romance. The ending without the Extended Cut (and partially even with it) is basically: "you saved the galaxy for future generations, but everything and everyone you've ever known is dead." Such fun.

What I am more interested in, is whether POE 2 is going to have them or not.  Quite frankly, I have no intention of replaying POE 1, and didn't really care for the NPCs much, so don't know if I would have interest in romancing them even if I could.  Pellegrina (or however it is spelt)?  Possibly, though her temper and victimism would make me think twice about it.  Constantly complaining about how hard it is to be god-touched- that's wonderful, I got the idea quite a long time ago, don't need you bringing it up all the time.  Grieving Mother?  The name sort of says it all- morose, kinda spacy like a drug addict or something.  Hardly. 

"1 is 1"

Sure. I'm assuming you have the steam version on windows; I don't know if things are different on other OSs or other sales platforms like GOG. I think it's mostly the same.

Basically you'll want to find the "data" folder which is in the "PillarsOfEternity_data" folder. It will probably look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data

Inside that are three folders: "quests", "conversations" and "localized".

Quests is just filled with .quest files. I think these control the quest structure, variables and experience rewards for quests.

Localized is filled with .stringtable files. this seems to be where all the text in the game is stored

Conversations in filled with .conversation files. These seem to control the dialogue structure and when scripts should fire during dialogue.

You can open and edit .quest, .stringtable and .conversation files with notepad.

in the name of the marky, the sun and the holy glare.

ahem.

• Like 3

Can't we have an RPG without romance requests? They're imaginary people.

Go outside and get a real gf. 

I really hate these replies.  It's called a ROLE PLAYING game.  Meaning, you make believe stuff.  Like, for instance, that you are some hero that fights dragons and undead.  Or, maybe you pretend you're a gambler that is willing to risk it all, when you've never played a game of cards in your life.  So, personally, I don't understand why there AREN'T romance options.  If you want to hit on that hot paladin chick with feathers, why shouldn't you be allowed to do that?  What if, as crazy as it sounds, you actually ARE attracted to her, based on how she is written, or is voice-acted, or, however you would like to frame it.  Maybe, for instance, you are playing as a similar paladin character, and you really dig "how she takes care of business". 

The fact that they decided not to include romances, baffles me like their decision to not allow one to be a thief (meaning, to pickpocket, or at least try to pickpocket, whoever you would like, or to sneak into people's homes at night, or when they aren't there, to steal from them).  It limits and reduces your role-play abilities and opportunities.  And, it runs contrary to every single game that they referenced in their "inspired by, spiritual successor of" in the Kickstarter.  Every one of those games featured thievery and romance options. 

And if a game has a romance option in it then I'm fine with it. But all this begging for romance dlc is crazy imo. It amounts to asking for imaginary relationships. If the developers include it fine. Don't go begging for it. Developers like Bioware started doing them and now if they choose not to there are gamers ready to riot over it. That is my real point. It should just be added value if there, but should not be something people clamor for.

Edited by zombo

Everything in Mass Effect ends in tragedy, not just your romance.

Well, technically, according to wiki, tragedy is "based on human suffering that invokes in its audience an accompanying catharsis or pleasure in the viewing"; therefore, since ME3's ending is incapable of invoking either, I'd disqualify it as such.

It's a ****ty ending, not a tragic one.

• Like 3

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Everything in Mass Effect ends in tragedy, not just your romance. The ending without the Extended Cut (and partially even with it) is basically: "you saved the galaxy for future generations, but everything and everyone you've ever known is dead." Such fun.

But don't you know? True Art is ANGSTY!

Can't we have an RPG without romance requests? They're imaginary people.

Go outside and get a real gf. 

I really hate these replies.  It's called a ROLE PLAYING game.  Meaning, you make believe stuff.  Like, for instance, that you are some hero that fights dragons and undead.  Or, maybe you pretend you're a gambler that is willing to risk it all, when you've never played a game of cards in your life.  So, personally, I don't understand why there AREN'T romance options.  If you want to hit on that hot paladin chick with feathers, why shouldn't you be allowed to do that?  What if, as crazy as it sounds, you actually ARE attracted to her, based on how she is written, or is voice-acted, or, however you would like to frame it.  Maybe, for instance, you are playing as a similar paladin character, and you really dig "how she takes care of business". 

The fact that they decided not to include romances, baffles me like their decision to not allow one to be a thief (meaning, to pickpocket, or at least try to pickpocket, whoever you would like, or to sneak into people's homes at night, or when they aren't there, to steal from them).  It limits and reduces your role-play abilities and opportunities.  And, it runs contrary to every single game that they referenced in their "inspired by, spiritual successor of" in the Kickstarter.  Every one of those games featured thievery and romance options. 

And if a game has a romance option in it then I'm fine with it. But all this begging for romance dlc is crazy imo. It amounts to asking for imaginary relationships. If the developers include it fine. Don't go begging for it. Developers like Bioware started doing them and now if they choose not to there are gamers ready to riot over it. That is my real point. It should just be added value if there, but should not be something people clamor for.

To be fair, they're all imaginary characters. When you're playing a video game, you're interacting with imaginary characters in an imaginary world instead of interacting with real people and real places in the real world. One could probably argue, "Stop playing around in a fantasy world and go hang out in the real world" or "Stop playing with imaginary characters and go hang out with real people in your real life."

So why turn up your nose at imaginary relationships? They're all fictional anyway. If you're okay with making an imaginary character with an imaginary background in an imaginary setting, killing, interacting or traveling with imaginary characters, then from where I'm standing why not include an imaginary romance on top of that? (If it works for the game and the devs happen to want it.)

Also, people can request whatever they want. 

• Like 2

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Faerunner, it's because one is simply playing in a fictional world. Another is replacing human intimacy with initmacy with a computer game character. If you don't see the difference, I'm not sure I can make you see it. There's a place for it in games, but when people are asking for it over and over it becomes about the romance and not the game itself. It's becoming  more and more like a merging of Baldur's Gate and Leisure Suit Larry. I think romance should be added value, not the focus of the game or DLC. Romance DLC excludes those who want to play more of the main plot or an extension of that plot. An entire DLC dedicated to romance is Leisure Suit Larry.

...  And, it runs contrary to every single game that they referenced in their "inspired by, spiritual successor of" in the Kickstarter.  Every one of those games featured thievery and romance options. 

Well, no. There were five Infinity Engine games and one of them, BG2, had the option to romance a party member.

• Like 2

Faerunner, it's because one is simply playing in a fictional world. Another is replacing human intimacy with initmacy with a computer game character. If you don't see the difference, I'm not sure I can make you see it. 

So? I still say it's arbitrary to be fine with "playing in a fictional world," interacting with fictional characters in a fictional setting, but then sneering at people for requesting different types of fictional interaction.

You wanna talk about "human intimacy"? There's different types of intimacy besides romantic or sexual. Forging just about any type of affection or emotional bond can count as "human intimacy," and just about all video games with written characters (with or without scripted dialogue) incorporate that illusion. When you feel emotionally warmed or charmed when your character does something nice for another character, or another character says/does something nice to your character, that simulates a "human intimacy" bonding experience. Unless the player 100% sees the video game world as 100% nothing but walking constructs 100% of the time, or you're playing your character as a completely indifferent and/or jerkass sociopath, one could probably argue that you're ignoring forging real emotional bonding / interacting with real human beings (or animals) to in favor of fictional characters in a fictional setting.

(I myself had grandparents who completely disapproved of playing video games of any kind for any length of time because they felt every second spent interacting with the fictional world in the video game was taking away time I could spend interacting with and creating memories the real world, and every second I spent interacting with fictional characters in the game world was taking away from time I could spend interacting, bonding, and making memories with real people in my real life.)

Should we eliminate all illusions of fictional characters being anything but fictional constructs to keep all players from "replacing human intimacy with intimacy with computer characters," even if not in a romantic sense? Remove giving all non-player characters names or personalities or opinions (or even distinct appearances or portraits) so players can't dispel the illusion that they're not real? Should we remove giving all pre-written companions (like Aloth and Eder and Sagani) any names, personalities, quests, or opinions on how to complete quests, so the players will never get the illusion (even for a moment) that they "feel real"? Should we dispel "relationship values" with pre-written companions--doing nice things for them, earning their approval or disapproval, helping them or hindering them with their quests, helping them achieve a happy/bittersweet ending or horrible demise depending on how we feel about them?

I still find it arbitrary to be fine with non-romantic bonding with fictional character but then suddenly pulling the "you're replacing real human interaction with fictional character interaction" when it comes to romance.

There's a place for it in games, but when people are asking for it over and over it becomes about the romance and not the game itself. It's becoming  more and more like a merging of Baldur's Gate and Leisure Suit Larry. I think romance should be added value, not the focus of the game or DLC. Romance DLC excludes those who want to play more of the main plot or an extension of that plot. An entire DLC dedicated to romance is Leisure Suit Larry.

Meh, I don't see it that way. I see romance as just another game feature, or just another role-playing experience for a role-playing game; one that happens to be popular with players. (Keeping in mind that it's all fictional and all relationships your player character develops with non-player characters are fictional anyway.) If people like that type of game feature and/or role-playing experience, then I think they're well within their rights to request it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think romance needs to be in every game either, but I'm not going to try to shame people for requesting it if they want it.

Edited by Faerunner
  • Like 2

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Properly integrated romance can be a great addition to the story. Some time ago I've played Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (which happens in Ar tonelico/Surge concerto universe and have quite some amount of lore and its own language), sure it's not western RPG, and all it has in common with PoE are song magicians which Chanter class greatly reminds me of, but nonetheless. You are playing as your own avatar, a robot constructed by heroine. She is bright, lovely and cheerful, and clearly in love with you. Sounds like total wish fulfillment*, right?

Well, you are capable to dive into her mindscape and learn more of what's on her mind.

Surely, she has her problems and you can resolve them there. But then you go to that one scene deep in her mind… She harbors great fear and hatred toward you as well (dat voice change) because she knows you are from that other world who is just remotely controlling a robot. And when she sees how you do it, she more or less breaks down as she understand that it's just a game, you are just pressing buttongs, there isn't even much effort from your side. You can stop whenever you want or redo things until they go your way (there are quite some number of questions you are very unlikely to guess unless you save/load, but you need to answer them to progress the scene). After some more scenes you can persuade her that's not it, she isn't just a game to you. She is very happy (quite a nice art at that scene), more confident as a result. But, really, this IS just a game (or is it? :}), so what do you think of yourself now?.. Personally, I found that pretty well done.

* I don't think that's such a bad thing either :cat:

Pillars of Bugothas

For my own 2 coppers worth on this subject:

short answer - maybe

slightly longer answer -

BGII, Mass Effect, Dragon Age [all Bioware games] had romance narratives/storylines embedded within the original game and although not crucial to the over all outcome of the game, did give [iMHO] a greater depth to those games. PoE has elected not to go that way and I don't see how a DLC would be able to shoe horn in a romance subplot into the game. However, if a new game such as a sequel were to follow on then perhaps there could be scope for a romance subplot to be included? Again these things don't appeal to all players yet there are enough out there who do enjoy them and get something from them as part of the story they're engaging with. I don't see though any of the original companions being available as potential romance interests in a sequel because we know what happens to them once the game concludes. If there is a PoE II then any romance subplot will have to be with a new set of potential partners.

I think there is enough demand to make specifically romantic adventures, but I would rather keep it out my games, thanks. If it where DLC, I wouldn't buy it.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!