I'm confused about Trial of Iron in the new update. It says that "loading a game causes a save to happen." Previously, we couldn't load a savegame in Trial of Iron while ingame at all. We had to quit and then load the save game.

Should it have been worded _leaving_ a game now causes a save to happen? In other words, if we quit to main screen or Alt + F4, it now saves the game (even during combat)? Or is it simply a booby trap replacing the non-functional Load button?

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

That being said, ToI is more aggressive with the autosaving in 1.05. The other day I stole something by accident and wanted to reload, so I force-closed the game (ctrl+alt+del) and it still saved. Today, wanting to explore some conversation options, I turned my computer off to avoid the save.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

That being said, ToI is more aggressive with the autosaving in 1.05. The other day I stole something by accident and wanted to reload, so I force-closed the game (ctrl+alt+del) and it still saved. Today, wanting to explore some conversation options, I turned my computer off to avoid the save.

:(

I hate people that hate their computers..

:(

I hate people that hate their computers..

You can avoid the save by hitting the computer repeatedly with a 10 lb barbell as well - a 5lb works also but may take longer based on your accuracy modifier.

Another way around this is to avoid checking the ToI choice when starting a new game... :disguise:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...