What are you playing now?

Previous thread

Last couple of posts:

So far in PoE I've run into 3 recruitable party members. I haven't turned down any of their offers to join me. Two of them are pretty useful, but the third I haven't found much use for in combat yet (though I'm still trying to figure out the various spells/buffs/etc.).

Tried to finish the Cinders of Faith quest in PoE, turns out it might be a tad too hard at lvl7, wish that had been clear before I had spent nearly 30minutes fighting the boss (I spent more time on it, that was *one* try). Ugh.

Of all things about the BGT they could have messed with why did they have to pick combat? sad.png It's a testament to the rest of the game that I keep going, despite the combat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2, since PoE wasn't enough for me. :D

I bought it when it first came out, but for some reason never played past the part where you got the first shard.

It's actually quite amazing how good it is, though the camera is causing all sorts of problems.

Really looking forward to Mask of The Betrayer.

1aw3tiY.png

Maybe I shouldn't have chosen Cipher as my class in PoE.  In combat, I'm finding the only useful ability (so far) is the one that paralyses foes for X seconds.  The rest of the fight, my fighter and mage do most of the damage.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing Star Trek 25th Anniversary.  I like how each act/chapter is presented as an episode of the show, and it really feels like it too.  I'm beginning the 5th episode now.  I think there are 7 episodes in total (?)  Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with the game.  I'll likely scoop up Judgment Rites once I finish this game.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Drunken golf on Mother's Day after your mom calls and says grandma gave up the real-life ghost this morning. 

I'll be in Salt Lake City next weekend, in case you need something from the mountains, although not a whole lot is available there ... mostly pink sauce for your french fries (ketchup and mayo mixed together) and plenty of ice cream ... Utah was number one in the nation in consumption of ice cream for a time. And depression.   

57253ed3-3824-4fda-bdbe-ffcfa435d1f9_zps

Sweet, I beat 68th place. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together PSP remake along with some casual Dota 2 matches (due to the new patch). It's been quiet lately on the gaming side for me. Waiting for the PoE expansion since I don't feel like starting a second run anytime soon.

Paragon 152. Got Focus and Restraint, so is awesome to get that damage boost (50% then another 50% of that). Crusader hits pretty hard, seeing crits of 50 million or so. Sadly I die too easily for T6, grr, so need more health/s or health/hit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Getting close to lvl72 with my Scion-mage in Path of Exile. More levels will likely take a long time to achieve, with the severe death-XP penalty. Mostly a matter of item grinding or working on my other chrs, now. And decorating the Hideout.

While I managed to go 4 years with having spent only the price of a typical new release (mostly for inventory tabs and a few pets), my more recent forays into playing the game (and my liking the current version much more than I have in the past) have meant that I've now officially entered the Spent Too Much On A Single Game territory.  Oh well, someone has to help keep the game "free" for the majority. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Final chalice dungeon of Bloodborne! Only two bosses left and then I just need the ending trophies.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How does Bloodborne compare to Demon Souls or Dark Souls?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How does Bloodborne compare to Demon Souls or Dark Souls?

Better than Dark Souls 2, not as good as Dark Souls 1. Couldn't get into Demon Souls myself.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still playing PoE.  My party just got wiped out by four feral druids the first time I met them.  The constant lightning storms/hobbling thing they do decimated my party before I can even do anything.

I got my revenge eventually by doing the whole "lure one of them after me and take them out one at a time" method.

I will say though, none of my party's area effects seem to do even a fraction of the damage that the enemies' does.  Toss a fireball?  Knock out 1 health blip out of 5.  They hit me with a lightning storm?  Watch my party's health go down to nothing in next to no time.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Broken Age yesterday. It's a cute game, although some of the puzzles in the second half were beyond me and I had to look things up online. The ending doesn't make much sense though.

I'm either going to replay Pillars of Eternity (probably with a Barbarian this time) or try Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (I'd have done it already, but it's kind of expensive for a slightly revised remake of a 17 year old game).

One thing hasn't changed from the old Infinity Engine days.  I still suck completely at combat.

Still playing PoE, and I've found exactly one ability/spell/whatever that my cipher does that's any good.  The one that paralyses them so the rest of my party can hack away while the enemy can't move.

If that spell fails, or if there's too many enemies to stop them from swarming, my party gets munched.

One thing hasn't changed from the old Infinity Engine days.  I still suck completely at combat.

Still playing PoE, and I've found exactly one ability/spell/whatever that my cipher does that's any good.  The one that paralyses them so the rest of my party can hack away while the enemy can't move.

If that spell fails, or if there's too many enemies to stop them from swarming, my party gets munched.

Ciphers are a pretty narrow class to be honest. you're pretty much going to want to max might and dex to push out the max possible physical damage in the shortest amount of time to regain focus (espescially now they start with only 1/4th of their max focus at the start of battle) and also int, since your powers scale off it, leaving not much room to put points in the other stats.

Charms (whispers of treason, puppet master) are good, taking out an enemy out of the equation while he is attacking & tanking his teammates ? yes please. 

use psychovampiric shield on the enemy beforehand to drain them of 20 will, so you're sure you have a good chance of charming them.

the 'linked beams'that continue to do damage to enemies are good too (antiphatetic field and ectopsychic echo) takes some getting used to positioning your cipher/party just right so you get the ticks off, but they do damage each second for 6 and 10 seconds long respectively.

Desintegration is also great, deals damage every few seconds for it's pretty long duration, and since it's raw damage it's great against those enemies with high DR.

xosmi.gif

I'm on the final episode of Star Trek 25th Anniversary.  Sadly, I ran into a bug, a show stopper bug.  If you do something in that final episode in the wrong order, it makes it so that you cannot proceed forward and are stuck.  Luckily, now that I know how to do most things in that episode (my last save before the bug was before starting the episode) I can go through it quite quickly and try to finish the game.  I also picked up Invisible Inc.  It's really hard, and right off the bat.  I got wiped on the very first real (non-tutorial) mission.  Maybe I should have started on beginner difficulty after all.  I understand where I made my mistakes, and they delayed my mission, and by the time I achieved my objective, I had used too much time and security level had risen to such a high state that I was overwhelmed.  This seems like the type of game where I will get killed and have to restart missions a lot, at least until I master all the tricks and quirks of the game.  I really like it so far, though.  The challenge is tough, but welcome.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing the Witcher 2, have the pre download of 3 squared away on GOG and am wondering which side I should choose as my canon playthrough. Roche seems far more neutral, and a more trustworthy companion, but there's no doubt that the camp of Henselt is in no way a match for Vergen. There's also the great end game quests that were added to Loc Muinne with the enhanced edition, Iorveths is the most interesting of the two without a doubt.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!