Full Making of Documentary is Now Live!

Hi fellow backers, how can this movie be dowloaded? My browser (Opera) only shows me a "watch video" button.

How do I download this? ** a little confused** thanks for your help in advance.

Yeah, would be nice to know how to download the Documentary.

Also, when i click on watch the Video opens but when i click on the start button nothing happens.

Anyone else has that problem?

Pretty sure streaming vs downloading is a function of different tiers.

This was absolutely great!

It made me appreciate the game and all the hard work and effort Obsidian put into it even more.

It was so good to see Obsidian employees play instruments in the building's marble hall, and sing in one of those Josh-made languages :D

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Is is possible to have subtitles made for this? I am really having trouble hearing what is said, at certain points... Anyway great docu :)

I too, would like to ask for subtitles. I have a hard of hearing friend, I would like to watch this with.

• Like 2

Hi fellow backers, how can this movie be dowloaded? My browser (Opera) only shows me a "watch video" button.

How do I download this? ** a little confused** thanks for your help in advance.

Yeah, would be nice to know how to download the Documentary.

Also, when i click on watch the Video opens but when i click on the start button nothing happens.

Anyone else has that problem?

Pretty sure streaming vs downloading is a function of different tiers.

I don't think so, lets wait for some 24 hours and you will find the whole movie on youtube or elswhere. I managed to dowload it via opera download plug in. I think this is possible also with firefox or chrome. Good luck for the download to everybody.

It should eventually be downloadable through gog/steam (my gog account has 'Documentary: Coming Soon')

They mentioned before allowing certain tier backers to dl through the backer portal but others maybe only streaming.  Not sure if that's still the case.

Thanks for the tip, but in steam theres also only a "coming soon" text file.

There is also nothing which should block the stream.

When i click on "watch video" i see the first image in which you see the tv and on the left screen bottom the "July 2012" Tag, but when i click on the the "play" button or click in the Video the videoplayer gets black and nothing happens.

I still can stop the video, the pause button is still there, but i can't move forward or anything else.

really strange.

Just finished watching it and thought it was awesome, yes I could have sat through another 1 or 2 hours of it, with more info on why this and that about the game but still loved it, Great job a must watch. And no spoilers for those who asked.

• Like 1

the documentary definitely lacks humor.

Bah! American documentaries, u saw one u saw them all.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

It should eventually be downloadable through gog/steam (my gog account has 'Documentary: Coming Soon')

They mentioned before allowing certain tier backers to dl through the backer portal but others maybe only streaming.  Not sure if that's still the case.

Thanks for the tip, but in steam theres also only a "coming soon" text file.

There is also nothing which should block the stream.

When i click on "watch video" i see the first image in which you see the tv and on the left screen bottom the "July 2012" Tag, but when i click on the the "play" button or click in the Video the videoplayer gets black and nothing happens.

I still can stop the video, the pause button is still there, but i can't move forward or anything else.

really strange.

Yeah - it'll be up on steam+gog later, not now.

Make sure you've not got any scripts blocked (e.g. using firefox noscript) - I had to allow scripts, then allow some more before it'd load up and work.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Unfortunately this doco is more aimed at people that didn't follow the game I guess. I did, so there were only a few bits in there that were 'new'. The recording of the trailer music bit with the mini-orchestra in the foyer was a nice touch. Was cool to see some of the people that were more in the shadows during the development cycle as well (Dimitri, Hector, Antonio etc).

Edited by Sensuki

Just finished watching - very cool, glad this got made :)

Love how they're talking about wanting to make the expansion+Sequel(s) at the end :thumbsup:

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Such a lovely documenatary. :yes:

I really enjoyed watching it. I'm just going to say its just amazing how much work it takes to create these kind of wonderfull epic roleplaying games. The documentary was really inspiring. Building PoE was a long road to walk, but you made it!

And it was so nice to finally see the people behind these games. Must be a fun place to work. It really put a big smile on my face seeing how happy you all were about the successfull launch! :)

By the way, you probably know already that we just can't wait to play the upcoming expansion and the sequel(s)! ;)

Edited by Carados
  • Like 1

The tecnical side was "well done" = Graphics + Music + Sounds -cutsenes - Idle Animations.

But combat is %60 of this game and Its not fun as game progress.

Seeing this documentry makes me feel more upset for the efford graphics and music team put in the game and (almost) butchered by the repetitive combat.

Usually we see superb gameplay which lacks good tecnical side but in this case It changes side.

...really liked the documentry; good editing.

Edited by ruzen
  • Like 1

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."