Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's your character's backstory?

character story backstory background

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts
Hm, I guess I can be the first to also post something about my stats and gear
M 17 - Well, I am thinking of this more as magical abilities and "might", so for this well-educated fellow it makes sense for it to be high
C 6 On one hand, he is old. On the other, dump stat ;)
D 14 just to make him better at casting
P 16 same as above I valued p over d for rp again...
I 18 well, obviously
R 6 remember him becoming very unsure? Also dump stat

He is a melee wizard, so he is getting out the concealhaut staff And crushes People to death. Being lvl 8 (not 9-no per encounter-staff sadly), in less though encounters he uses an estoc, because wf: adv. (due to the minor blights). When forced into ranged combat, he uses the best wand I can get, right now the endless paths lvl 7 one. However, this is practically not needed since I got an cape with the evasion skill from the rouge... Yes, there are more efficient Capes, but on hard it's good enough. So, he is my way of dealing with enemy casters/gunners while the rest behind the tanks take care of the front line. Also, it is very satisfying to spam fan of flames from
Behind... He is also wearing a breastplate, for combat but mainly for rp, I like the valian touch.

Although I am thinking of respeccing into ranged, for an old unsure man melee seems a bit far fetched... But respeccing wizard cost a lot of money :(

Edited by Ben No.3, 09 August 2016 - 02:09 AM.

Ontarah

Ontarah

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

My second character was basically the human (or elven) equivalent of a "blah."  I was a little skeptical of this approach but it turned out to be tremendously fun to play.  He was the driest, least passionate person around but it was fun to respond to earth-shattering revelations or assorted villain rantings with basically "yep" or "nope."  It must be infuriating to anybody talking to him. 

He was a ranger so I think when asked about his past his response was something like "I shot some deer.  I skinned some rabbits.  I ate some jerky. You know how it goes."  

• Harry Easter likes this

Androoh

Androoh

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts

Jarek - Meadow Human Rogue, Deadfire Archipelago, Raider background.

As a young man, Jarek sought to rise above his impoverished origins by any means available, initially as a way to support his widowed mother and younger brother. He was eventually recruited by a bandit gang ran by a brutish Aumaua known as Arawa, operating out of the troubled town of Lachan. Developing a skill for murder through the gangs' increasingly ambitious smuggling operations, he gained enough notoriety to earn the moniker of 'Iron Heart', becoming one of Arawa's most feared enforcers.

With his mother becoming increasingly suspicious of her sons new-found wealth and her family's changed fortunes, Jarek struggled to conceal his associations with Arawa's gang and it's shady activities. Eventually learning of her son's brutal streak, Jarek was ultimately ostracised. Despite this, he would continue to provide for his family by giving portions of his ill-gotten spoils to his brother so that the family would never again struggle financially.

With the guilt of his actions now weighing on him heavily, Jarek became aimless and disenfranchised with Arawa's gang and their brutality. A run-in with Lachan's Executioners saw the gangs numbers halved in a bloody showdown and Jarek used the chaos to escape, finding himself aboard a vessel headed for the Dyrwood.

Edited by Androoh, 18 March 2017 - 02:00 PM.

Messier-31

Messier-31

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1543 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Jarek, diminutive of Jarosław  :x

https://www.behindth....com/name/jarek

• Androoh likes this

Androoh

Androoh

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts

Jarek, diminutive of Jarosław  :x

https://www.behindth....com/name/jarek

Bad naming choice in your view? :)

I tend to pronounce it with a hard 'J'.

• Messier-31 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: character, story, backstory, background

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users