At what level can I complete ALL of the Endless Path? Also - can THE Sword be repaired in Act III?

I am level 9, I completed 99% of side-quests in Acts I & II, and now I just started Act III. I find Elmshore to be a bit difficult with all the giants, so I figured maybe it is about time I do the Endless Patch and level up a bit? At which level is rather easy to complete Endless Path? I do not mind a challenge, but I do not want an overly difficult dungeon either. At which level is it advisable to complete ALL of it?

Another problem I ran to is that I started Act III and it appears all of Defiance Bay has gone to tell. It was the only place where I could re-forge that sword, but I never found the 2nd or however many pieces needed for it. I could re-forge it in The Crucible Keep, but I assume it is gone and done at this point? Where were the other parts? Was the sword really powerful, worth making?

You should be able to do it at level 9. Also... in case you don't mind a minor spoiler.

As soon as you come to Twin Elms, Defiance Bay locks up and everything is instantly back to normal. You don't need to do anything. Just get to Twin Elms and boom, you can return to Defiance Bay.

t50aJUd.jpg

If your up for "the hard fight" you will certainly need to be level 12 to take on the final challenge. Everything up until then is a cake walk even at level 9. 

But as Luckmann said, Defiance Bay goes right back to normal once you get to Twin Elms. Minus the Sanitarium being burnt to the ground there is no sign of the chaos that ensued earlier. No other burned buildings, no rubble, really nothing but a few conversations with npc's who will attest to the horror of the riots. 

Edited by Venatio

You don't need to be level 12, but it certainly helps if you're going to finish the final level the hard way. That battle is definitely the hardest in the game bar none... but it's optional. If you're willing to make a... sacrifice, the quest can be done without it. The sword parts are hidden throughout the 15 levels -- a character with high mechanics is useful.

Ah, cool, thank you!  If I need to be level 12, then can I at least take care of SOME baddies to level up or will I barely gain experience by doing just a 2-3 floors?

You don't get XP by killing enemies in PoE, and there are only a couple of quests in that whole dungeon (4, I think, if you count Kana's and the Master Below?), so no, you will not level up a lot. On the other hand, the Endless Paths seem to have more unique items than all the other locations in the rest of the game put together, and there is definitely good stuff there (superb-quality named weapons, for example).

Have a very nice day.

-fgalkin

Like others said 9-12 should get you through the whole thing.  The last fight is the only part I would really strongly advise high level but there are some ways to cheese the fight and game the system in your favor a little.  The sword can be fully repaired as soon as you get all the parts and meet the NPC that can do it.

Oh and where are the other parts of that ancient sword???

You definitely get them all before finishing the dungeon. The four parts are found on level 2, 5, 9, and 12 respectively.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The path itself is not that hard, the endboss is, and the f*cking traps you can only dissable if you spend an unusual amount lof points to do so. (note: you ONLY need that in that dungeon, in the rest of the game the traps are easily dissabled with a few points) and that was pissing me off to no end. On the other side you can mostly avoid them but the balance here is totaly off.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."