So I recently started a Paladin solo with high Resolve (for Deflection) but now want to restart due to an irritating bug. I was thinking of re-rolling as a Barbarian, however as they don't care so much about Deflection I was wondering if Resolve could be comfortably left at 10 without being interrupted all the time (as Resolve also boosts Concentration)? Obviously things like Retaliation will help a great deal anyway, but it's still a little bit of time from early game until you get some with Retaliation.

I noticed it's pretty hard to chug a potion while being attacked if you don't have any concentration.

Well, starting a PotD run, I rolled a pale elf monk with high perception for decent reflexes.  There is a group of 5 wolves in Valenwood I was trying to solo, almost succeeded a few times but kept getting annoyed at my potions getting interrupted and ended up re rolling the character back to the stats I usually use which include decent resolve.

I haven't done any solo playthroughs so I don't really know what people are actually using.  I just hate getting interrupted so I usually have resolve on my characters, lol.  It is quite noticeable while trying to chug potions while solo, but for me the experience doesn't go much past Valenwood.

Resolve is also most important stat for dialogue so I wouldn't drop it below 16. On a barb you can have CO quite low since they have huge health anyway.

As to the wolves I always sneak my way into the top left corner and open with a ranged attack. They can't attack you all at once often you are lucky enough that only one wolf at a time can hit you.