[1.04] Weapon Mastery Abilities broken

Achilles

Question

Screenshot of weapon stats before taking Weapon Mastery: Knight

post-1981-0-82594500-1429945662_thumb.jpg

Screenshot of weapon stats after taking Weapon Mastery: Knight

post-1981-0-62035100-1429945696_thumb.jpg

Stats in the "before" image are correct. Base damage in the "after" pic should be 14-20 (15-22 applied)

I used cheat codes to level Eder and Weapon Mastery: Ruffian is similarly borked, therefore I'm assuming all of the Mastery talents are hosed.

EDIT: I accidentally reversed the sequence of those screenshots, but since the stats are the same, it doesn't matter. :)

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

9 answers to this question

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I'm not sure what "test this *properly*" is supposed to mean.

Weapon Mastery is supposed to add a x1.10 modifier to base damage. Therefore, the "after" pic should show 14-20. Instead it is unchanged. Testing over.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I'm not sure what "test this *properly*" is supposed to mean.

Weapon Mastery is supposed to add a x1.10 modifier to base damage. Therefore, the "after" pic should show 14-20. Instead it is unchanged. Testing over.

Blooded and fighting spirit abilities don't alter char screen stats either .. But they do add their effect to damage inflicted .Its a lying character scren issue.. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78239-abilities-various-other-damage-related-mechanics-revealed/

So proper testing would imply - using a weapon with no interval damage range  (min = max base damage)   (as to remove RNG from damage roll ) and see the damage inflicted ..  And I will do it , after I figure out how Deathblows actually works ..

Character screen cannot be trusted ..

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

Character screen can be trusted to show Weapon Specialization (because it does), therefore it should also reflect Weapon Mastery. Both are passives that effect base damage and not effects applied under special circumstances (unlike the examples you provided).

But run your tests. Either way, this is still a bug and it has been reported. Have fun!

Edited by Achilles

Character screen can be trusted to show Weapon Specialization (because it does), therefore it should also reflect Weapon Mastery. Both are passives that effect base damage and not effects applied under special circumstances (unlike the examples you provided).

But run your tests. Either way, this is still a bug and it has been reported. Have fun!

obviously still a bug - but severity matters (especially when one must pick the order to fix things, or what things never to fix because of limited resources ) .. 

There is a world of difference between an ability that does nothing, and one that works as advertised but doesn't display properly in the char info screen ..

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

Did the test

20 Qstaff  

27% might bonus 15% two handed weapons bonus (tested to work with other occasion)  [ 15%  peasant weapon mastery]

31.4 consistent hit damage in combat log

If it works

20 * (1 + 0.27 + 0.15 + 0.15 )  = 31.4  // Fits like a glove  - ability works .. LCS displays weapon range as 31- 31 ...

If it does nothing

20 * (1 + 0.27 + 0.15 ) = 28.4 //  this obviously doesn't fit ... 

So not even LCS issue .. 

Lol - finally looked at your screenshots .. So you just discovered that game lies about weapon enchantments being multiplicative .. That is indeed a (minor display) bug - but has nothing to do with fighter masteries .. 

very short video illustrating the actual problem http://youtu.be/SQCZuGbW5nE

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg