Obsidian: PoE was critical success, so kickstart KotOR III NOW!

Dystar

Don't let them ruin KotOR...

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see Obsidian do an original Space-fantasy setting. Space emperors, blending magic and high technology (not like Mass Effect and their pseudoscience explainations for magic, full on mysterious orders built around the stuff), far future religions, etc.

There is no problem that can't be solved in 40th millenium by a high powered bolter and a good suit of power armor.

I would love to see Obsidian do an original Space-fantasy setting. Space emperors, blending magic and high technology (not like Mass Effect and their pseudoscience explainations for magic, full on mysterious orders built around the stuff), far future religions, etc.

There is no problem that can't be solved in 40th millenium by a high powered bolter and a good suit of power armor.

When the only tool you have is a high powered bolter, every problem looks like a fleshy alien pod.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I think the KotOR franchise should rest in peace--sometimes an excellent thing needs to end an excellent thing and not be added to. but I'd totally back an original IP space opera by Obsidian. Although I want an espionage game (a la Alpha Protocol) more...

SPACE OPERA ESPIONAGE!

I like.  Let's get them to do it!  Proper sci-fi, proper espionage.  Their own universe.  It must be done.  None of this Mass Effect rubbish too, I want human genetic engineering to take the place of aliens, with a proper view on transhumanism (seriously the writers of Mass Effect had no ****ing clue on what makes you transhuman, I was literally banging my head on a wall listening to some of their bull**** explanations), actual thoughtful look at the ramifications of AI and bioroids, etc. 

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams