Can the next Kickstarter please be Star Wars RPG?

How Awesome would it be? I want to pledge to this right NOW!! Maybe something set in the new era, even if it were like PIllars, I would play it! 

Heres hoping we have an announcement soon! What happen to the pledge Feargus made to Disney in 2013? Now is the time to capitalize on the success of Pillars and the upcoming hype for Star Wars! 

Heres hoping!

Yeah, that starship won't fly. A Kickstarter's not happening. Disney won't use crowd funding to raise capital for a video game.

Pretty much, either Obsidian needs to make a compelling pitch to Disney as to why they should develop another SW RPG, or Disney unilaterally decides to select Obsidian to make them their game.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Obsidian would have to make a compelling pitch to EA as they have sole Star Wars video game exclusivity. In all honesty, if we are to see a SW RPG it will be made by Bioware, more likely than not. That could be good news or bad new depending on how you feel about Bioware these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Disney's not gonna listen to the people Obsidian or Bioware or anyone who has made a Star Wars game would have to convince Disney to give them permission to use the name Star Wars because if you don't know already Disney owns Lucasarts who own the Star Wars franchise :( 

It's not so much asking for permission, I don't think things work that way. It's about pitching a project, convincing that they would benefit a lot from financing a new project and commissioning the project pitcher to develop the product for them.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 4 weeks later...

But remember Kotor 2 was obsidian's first game ever so i would presume they would at least do a HD remake of it to celebrate it being there first and one of there most successful games