Can't buy or sell items

OldOne

Question

I am on my second play through of this game and had no problem with the first play through. 

Now I'm at my stronghold just finished the Watcher quest and I am showing -87599 gold in my inventory.  I have a ton of stuff to sell but when I try to trade I get an error message that says "you don't have enough money".  This happens when I try to sell items. 

How in the heck can I have minus gold?  Is there a way to fix this without going all the way back to a save when I don't have minus gold?

2 answers to this question

How in the heck can I have minus gold?

I have no idea, but it definitely sounds like a bug.

Please provide the information and files requested in this thread: MUST READ: How to Report an Issue

Also, please indicate whether you have installed any mods at any time while playing with this party, or if you have used any method (savefile edits or console commands) to modify your characters or party, and if possible detail what changes you made.

I figured it out.  I used a cheat which to make a long story short had me spend more money than I had.  Thus the minus.  I have since corrected the problem and have learned a lesson.  Thanks for the reply.