EI Mod and my opinions

This mod is great , it has improved the game for me so much, especially the walking toggle thank you!!!

a future idea to add as an option for maybe an update down the road, turning off body explosions during combat, they don't look good or real

adding an option to disable this would be great.

Thank you mod creator.

• Like 2

The mod creator has left the game and the mod behind for now.

Well ****.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The mod creator has left the game and the mod behind for now. 

don't fret.  this is exactly what should happen.

in a month or so, when the patches are stable, some balance issues have been adressed... and then readressed, then it will be worth revisiting modding.

right now the game is still in flux, and that makes it too frustrating for most modders to deal with, as there is a never ending stream of people wanting them to adjust to this "new little thing that just got added"...

the game is interesting enough that modders will start adding lots of adjustments and content as soon as the patches stabilize.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 4

Okay, clarifying the situation - Bester (the main guy) and Sensuki (the other main guy) are both frustrated with the game, and have left. I dunno about the other other main guy. I think that's everyone.

There is the distinct possibility that people who know what they're doing will be able to update it for future patch releases. And by distinct possibility, I mean, "people who aren't me know exactly how to do it."

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Okay, clarifying the situation - Bester (the main guy) and Sensuki (the other main guy) are both frustrated with the game, and have left. I dunno about the other other main guy. I think that's everyone.

There is the distinct possibility that people who know what they're doing will be able to update it for future patch releases. And by distinct possibility, I mean, "people who aren't me know exactly how to do it."

Pretty much this. Bester and Sensuki dislike the game, so naturally they won't be interested in keeping the mod up-to-date. The best you can hope for imo is for somebody to update the mod so that it's compatible with future versions of POE. Don't get your hopes up for any new features.

There's Kakarov, but I believe he's strictly UI.

Edited by View619
  • Like 1

That sucks. Sensuki was the dude who spent a ****load of time betaing PoE and if he walked away that doesn't look too good,

• Like 6

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

According to the nexus, it is updated almost daily, the last update being only a few hours ago. So unless there's something I'm missing, it seems to be in very active development.

the last update was a bug fix for bugs that got introduced with the previous version (that added the walking ability).

not new content.  it's quite possible that they no longer plan to add any new content to it.

Much of the IE mod's functions should be implemented in the game by Obsidian.

One shouldn't need a mod for:

One tooltip at a time
Blue Selection Circles
Autosave before transition
Walk mode

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 5

Much of the IE mod's functions should be implemented in the game by Obsidian.

One shouldn't need a mod for:

One tooltip at a time

Blue Selection Circles

Autosave before transition

Walk mode

they anounced quality of life changes for 1.05 well have to waitfor patch notes to see which

those changes are obviously possible and not too hard to implement, but ithink bugfixes still have priority

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

That sucks. Sensuki was the dude who spent a ****load of time betaing PoE and if he walked away that doesn't look too good,

Or it looks like he would never have been happy with the game from the start. I've been lurking the forums since the beta was released and while I think he did a great job finding bugs, I rarely agreed with the changes he pushed for mechanic-wise. That he doesn't even give the game a chance before modding the **** out of it and then leaves it completely out of frustration only tells me he made his mind up a long time ago.

• Like 17

According to the nexus, it is updated almost daily, the last update being only a few hours ago. So unless there's something I'm missing, it seems to be in very active development.

Looks like two new features as well: Fast Scouting mode and wait for it.... wait for it..... WALK MODE. For all the Walkers out there!!!

Or it looks like he would never have been happy with the game from the start. I've been lurking the forums since the beta was released and while I think he did a great job finding bugs, I rarely agreed with the changes he pushed for mechanic-wise. That he doesn't even give the game a chance before modding the **** out of it and then leaves it completely out of frustration only tells me he made his mind up a long time ago.

He makes some good points about issues with some of the current game mechanics, though. I think it's salvageable, but many areas definitely need to be tweaked or even re-done before I would give POE a 9/10.

• Like 3

This mod is great , it has improved the game for me so much, especially the walking toggle thank you!!!

a future idea to add as an option for maybe an update down the road, turning off body explosions during combat, they don't look good or real

You can already disable gibs without the IE mod.

• Like 1

It became pretty clear to me in reading his comments that he wanted a clone of Baldurs Gate, right down to the details, and simply wouldn't be happy with anything else.  I can't think of any differences between PoE and BG that he appeared to favor.  If I felt that way I'd go too - certainly appreciate the effort that he put into debugging, but I rarely agreed on design in the videos I watched / posts that I read.

• Like 3

We both gave up because we don't find the game very fun to play.

I enjoy the Infinity Engine games (other than PST) for the tactical rts-style combat. Combat in Pillars of Eternity isn't very tactical at all, it's like 50% positioning, 45% strategy, 5% tactics and after level 4 you can rinse and repeat the same strategy almost every single encounter without having to even react to enemy actions, because there's nothing that forces you to change what you're doing.

Even with Engagement and movement recovery slow fixed, it's still not that fun. Encounter design is very copy paste, itemization/loot is poor to abysmal and while the environment art is for the most part pretty great, areas aren't really that fun to explore.

Poor combat is however, par for the course for an Obsidian game and I would have continued playing had I enjoyed the writing/story but quite frankly I didn't really, I liked the prologue reveal but I found that the pacing and player motivation to be very disjointed, Act 2 was a huuuge letdown and I got sick of all the forced lore dumps and dry as a desert writing style. The companions were also quite disappointing for the most part - I liked Chris Avellone's characters though, they at least actually had a personality. Can't even think of a memorable secondary character either.

I did like some of the story stuff, like the soul detective type stuff - that was pretty cool, although I think more could have been done with it.

I stopped during Act 3, and from what I've read the game goes downhill from here, and the antagonist isn't very compelling and the final battle isn't even as good as the BG1 battle vs Sarevok sad.png

I like a few things about the game - the art is good, some of the new ui features are nice and the character system has lots of custimization/choice.

Might give it another go somewhere down the line, but yeah, I'd rather just leave it and accept that the game was not made for people like me, but more for people who may have liked the Infinity Engine games, but disliked the combat.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 21