498 members have voted

1. 1. Which god did you side with, at the very end of the game?

• Woedica/Skaen (feed the souls to Woedica)
    • Rymrgand (destroy the souls)
    • Galawain (feed the souls to the Dyrwoodans)
    • Wael (scatter the souls)
    • Berath (return the souls to the cycle)
    • Hylia (return the souls to the hollowborn children)

I was really, really disappointed there was no "consume the souls yourself and become godly" option

Would've been a nice bonus option for someone with a lot dialogue points in cruel and/or deceptive.

Went with Hylia, my pc sort of bonded with Grieving Mother and went from a cynical (rational) and slightly homicidal slave to someone who wanted to help the powerless while still doing as much as possible to spite those in power.

• Like 2

Berath. He made the best case...

Also, standing at the machine, knowing that the Gods themselves were manifested by the Engwithans and the Wheel and the Cycle had existed before the Gods.... It just made sense in the end, restoring the truly natural order of things.

My next run will probably be Galawain. After that Skaen/Woedica.

• Like 1

I went with Wael. My character's rational streak suggested Berath (and I did in fact promise to do as he wanted) but I also had a lot of points in clever and the idea of playing a silly cosmic joke with the fate of thousands of souls appealed to me and my character.

• Like 1

I was actually looking for the walk away option from the machine just to annoy all the gods just to annoy them and keep em all limbo not to be anybodies puppet.

@spitefulone. ME3 Music playing in background as you crack that wheel I choose the Purple Ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JvbD2Zc9I

Anyway reason for destroying souls, put them out of misery and if you read the conversation there was no guarantee the hollowborn be the same.

also I got a funny ending for bringing that baby into fight Thaos.

Next Character though im going to play Complete and Utter Powerhungy Godlike/Death lol just for kicks.

I was kind of torn between Berath, Wael and Hylea 

I felt like my character thought that messing with souls was the absolute worst and I was eager to 'set things straight'. I went with Hylea though because my mind somehow picked out that poor woman in Ondra's Gift who lost her son because of her **** of a husband.

At least she got her little girl back. Worth it.  

• Like 4

Since I was playing a benevolent paladin, Hylea was the only real answer.  Returning the souls to the cycles while they are technically still living was just wrong as far as I was concerned.  Wael made me curious, but I didn't want to commit to an unknown ending.  The other options all seemed pretty evil to me.

• Like 1

Galawain because he is right and the decision itself isn't evil(only the consequences because Pulling out a Bloodmoon is bad), all hollowborns are damned already, magran allied herself with woedica because she had no choice to stop eothas trying to play the big damn hero without thinking of the consequences, and Abyddon wants to see the people of Dyrwood having long peaceful and prosper lives, after the entire confusion with the leaden key, Waidwen's Legacy and of course Raedric, the people of dyrwood will need a lot of strength and will to pass on and continue, thus they agree that animancy isn't that bad, its just a bunch of jerks there trying to manipulate instead of improve, because all other kingdoms have animancers and necros living well and helping people, also because pallegina good ending is related to galawain, her proposal helped both 3 regions to become prosper

-Hylea runs on fool's hope, i love the Grieving mother but this isn't the right thing

-Berath reminds me of the Elder God of LoK

-Rymg is Dagon Nuts

-Woedica wants to become a true god and slave everyone, she cares only for helself, also she allied with skaen, and we learned what they wanted to do with that elven girl in Dryford

And Wael's Route is dangerous, who knows if those souls ends up in aedyr and they learn about Waidwen's Legacy, Thaos and Woedica's plan?

Edited by Shadow_Arms
  • Like 1

Hylia... providing the hollowborn with a soul, does that instantly change their appearance to something normal? And what about all the hollowborn that have already been killed? Where will these souls find a home? Or will they be lost? Sorry, Hylia, no dice.

Skaen and Rymrgand weren't an option since my character wasn't an evil bastard.

Wael was too vague, as usual.

Galawain, I don't really remember what his proposal was. Feed them to Dyrwoodans? What would that do? Make them stronger? Wouldn't that upset the natural order of things? 

I think Berath has the best idea.

It felt right to just throw the souls into the recycler, like broken soda cans, molten and reshaped into brand-new cans and evenly distributed across the world.

Galawain. Because it was the right thing to do.

The horrors of the Legacy could not be undone either way, what was done was done and nothing could change that. The only moral and rational thing to do was to strengthen those who lived. If you look backwards, you will act accordingly and thus move backwards as well.  Best thing to do was to make the best of a horrible situation and look forward.

• Like 1

My next run will probably be Galawain. After that Skaen/Woedica.

Man, forget Woedica. My priest of Skaen will be pledging to Rymrgand, but when Skaen tries to pull rank on him right at the end? If he wants to then he can choke on Woedica's whip too, same as the queen herself.

Edited by Grand_Commander13

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I went with Hylea for the first playthrough. Seemed to be the right choice for a "nice guy hero", but wasn't disinclined to Galawain too.

Didn't speak a word to Berath since he wants to have those high-priests "returned to the cycle" and i didn't like his (and his priests) attitude/ideals. Woedica/Skaen and Ryrmrgand were out of question and Wael was just to late to change my choice.

Skaen and Rymrgand weren't an option since my character wasn't an evil bastard.

Rymgands option is not really evil. I mean putting the misery out of souls and destroying them for no god to use and not leave them in limbo or deformed state back in the bodies of hollowborn seemed like a more practical choice.

Skaen is not purely evil either more like under a dictatorship and removing political enemies for its own power its not like skaen would exterminate everything just for fun. Just saying the question as was put forward many times throughout the game is if hording power and knowledge Just like a dragon hordes its gold makes you evil? 

That said its not inheriently good either, more chaotic.

• Like 2

Rymgands option is not really evil. I mean putting the misery out of souls and destroying them for no god to use and not leave them in limbo or deformed state back in the bodies of hollowborn seemed like a more practical choice.

Skaen is not purely evil either more like under a dictatorship and removing political enemies for its own power its not like skaen would exterminate everything just for fun. Just saying the question as was put forward many times throughout the game is if hording power and knowledge Just like a dragon hordes its gold makes you evil? 

That said its not inheriently good either, more chaotic.

Rymrgand: But wouldn't these destroyed souls be robbed of a chance to have a normal life again someday? It feels kinda harsh to me.

Skaen: Evil comes in great variety and Skaen is definitely not good, based on what his followers are doing and on his own words.

Hoarding power and knowledge isn't necessarily evil, it depends on how you've gotten this knowledge and power and how you're going to use it.

I doubt Skaen would use his power to entertain little kids at birthday parties. :)

The dragon, well, it depends on how it got all of that gold. If it was acquired by burning down little villages with farmers and children, then off with its evil head. If it did some really smart financial investments in its younger days then it has every right to protect its hoard.

-Hylea runs on fool's hope, i love the Grieving mother but this isn't the right thing

"But"? The Grieving Mother agreed with me that returning the souls to broken bodies wouldn't be a good decision.

I released them back into the Wheel. My next playthrough will be Galawain, I like the idea of strengthening the living with that which was lost.

Galawain. My character was swayed by his argument that using that power to strengthen the living was best. Still felt like a bit of a bastard because, does it mean that already pregnant women will give birth to hollowborn?

One thing I'd like to know is how Hylea's ending works. Do all the hollowborn children get souls back ASAP? So, those Wichts that have been feral beasts suddenly become normal teenagers again, naked and wandering the wilderness alone? 

I was really, really disappointed there was no "consume the souls yourself and become godly" option

Maybe the souls are not enough to make a new god

Oh probably not, I just was hoping for some sort of "gain personal power" option, because I specifically avoiding swearing to any of the gods in case there was such an option.  Having some players get a bunch more soul power probably doesn't fit into the rest of the plot they have planned.

• Like 1

"But"? The Grieving Mother agreed with me that returning the souls to broken bodies wouldn't be a good decision.

I released them back into the Wheel. My next playthrough will be Galawain, I like the idea of strengthening the living with that which was lost.

Grieving Mother's reply is dependent on how you deal with her subquest.

• Like 1