Ghosts are now all but impossible to see ( after patch )

Alavanger

Question

As the title says after the patch ghost that would run away near the first solo field before town are now all but impossible to see.

I have started over many times testing builds so I know to look for them. some are still abit visible while others you would have no hope of seeing if you did not know they were there and exactly were to look.

The two standing by the overturned cart for example are very difficult to see. the one that runs across the water can only be seen from his head up and can see any part of him except when he crosses the water

in the area with the crazy priest companion one of the ghosts is visible while another is nearly impossible to see.

17 answers to this question

The Problem still occurs in version 1.05. Can we have feedback from a dev?

Screenshot with ghost next to player: http://s29.postimg.org/lygr5jjw7/poe_noghost105.png 

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2bayz4nsf79qld/Player.log?dl=0

Savegame: https://www.dropbox.com/s/npy7elhqxnosfql/fdc9526a-512a-4de3-ba64-760fdb6e0b17%20autosave.savegame?dl=0

Edit: this problem seems to be independent of the graphics-quality slider in the graphics options menu.

Since the rest of the game runs fine i assume the bug is not a result of my low end graphics hardware (~280MB VRAM).

Edited by nirei

Hey guys,

Can you include your system profile? you can find info here for your specific system: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72439-must-read-how-to-report-an-issue/

Thanks.

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Attached.

PS. I also reported this issue 2 weeks ago. Is there some sort of rhyme or reason to which bug reports get a response and which ones don't? Tryin' not to take it personal, but man...

DxDiag.txt

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Thanks guys, we appreciate the help.

Attached.

PS. I also reported this issue 2 weeks ago. Is there some sort of rhyme or reason to which bug reports get a response and which ones don't? Tryin' not to take it personal, but man...

Hi Achilles,

I am sorry you felt like you post was being ignored. Responding to the threads is just one of our responsibilities as a QA tester. A lot of our time is spent testing, writing, and verifying fixes on our internally builds of the game. When we look at the forums, we try and prioritize the worst offending bugs, affecting the most people first. As complex Pillars is, verifying the issue can take as little as a few seconds to sometimes a few days when checking across the three OS. Sometimes we'll come across bug threads that we written up, know has been fix, or currently investigating and will pop-in and leave a comment. Other times we might happen to be in the area and/or be on that particular quest and can test the issue immediately. On top of this, we occasionally eat and sleep too  :p and might simply miss your thread. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Like 1

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Hi KTran,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I hope I don't come across as snarky when I say that I got the response that I was expecting. I know you guys are busy. I know that your team size is finite and that your time is limited.

However...

There are some days where I report 2 or 3 bugs. They are almost never acknowledged. The "taking it personal" part of my previous post was a joke. My actual concern is that bugs are being reported and not making it into your tracking system. Without putting you in the spot, are my concerns unfounded?

Love the game and appreciate all that you do! Thanks in advance for your time.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hi Aarik,

Not sure if anything ever got done with this. Could you please check (as this has been an issue for a while now :()?

Screenshots for reference:

Before 

post-1981-0-33771200-1447735560_thumb.jpgpost-1981-0-46620100-1447735559_thumb.jpg

After

post-1981-0-34921300-1447735558_thumb.jpgpost-1981-0-54752000-1447735785_thumb.jpg

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

It turns out that in version 1.02 the ghosts were fine, since version 1.03 i can barely see them. The current 2.03 version also has this bug.

I tried to find differences in the shaders or in the assets for the ghosts in different game versions, but was not able to find useful hints for the bug.

v1.02: http://postimg.org/image/tc9dfomst/

v1.03: http://postimg.org/image/s167kygkt/

v2.03: http://postimg.org/image/lqycsc3dh/

Hi Aarik,

This also is still present in 3.02. The ones around Ciliant Lis looked ok. Maybe the spirits in Valewood got skipped?

post-1981-0-62785400-1457919943_thumb.jpg

So, I found a fix to part of the issue:

Options>Graphics>Occlusion Opacity to something other than the default setting (I recommend at least 0.6). Shaders are still missing but at least you can see the ghosts now.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. The spirits found outdoors are still washed out and too faint to see, even with the setting maxed. Oh well.

Edited by Achilles