Pictures of your games Part 6

For the most part, motherbase is a huge wiener party anyway. I mean, I have a staff of over 600 men and barely a hand of them are females. :>

Now I know why you don't like Quiet, it's okay Lexx, we still like you!  :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

This is a most joyous day, I have finally acquired my first frigate, a Split Tiger, marvel at its glory:

0pl0jtR.jpg

usaRYTV.jpg

GTccuuS.jpg

And the view from the bridge:

dE56HKW.jpg

The Tiger is fast, has immense firepower, is surprisingly well shielded for a Split ship, and presents a tiny profile for enemies to fire at from both the front and the back, and a long, but slim profile from the sides.  From the top and bottom are the only angles it's relatively easy to hit.  It's going to take me a while (and a lot of credits) to get the ship fully equipped, in the pic from the bridge you can see I only have 2 Ion Shard Railguns at the moment (ISRs are very effective against heavy fighters and corvettes).  Particularly, getting a bunch of Incendiary Bomb Launchers is going to be tricky and time consuming, since it's a pirate weapon and I'm not exactly in good standing with pirates, on account of the hundreds of their ships I've turned into debris.  IBLs are worth the trouble to acquire, though, as they have tremendous range and do nearly as much damage as weapons that only destroyers can mount.  Once I have this bad boy fully armed, nothing and no one is safe.  The Tiger can outgun the vast majority of ships in existence, and the few it can't outgun it can outrun and outmaneuver.  There is nothing a fully equipped Tiger cannot destroy single-handedly.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Are you using mods? I don't remember ****pits from X³.

/Edit: The male variant of chickenpits. If you know what I mean. This forum is censoring in hilarious ways.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Are you using mods? I don't remember ****pits from X³.

/Edit: The male variant of chickenpits. If you know what I mean. This forum is censoring in hilarious ways.

Yes, I am using a c0ckpit mod.  The vanilla game doesn't have them (none of the X3 games do), but I like having them, even though they obscure your vision a bit. 

My ultimate loadout will likely be:

• Front - 8 x Incendiary Bomb Launcher - Maximum frontal firepower.  Will instantly vaporize any fighter dumb enough to stay in front of my ship long enough for my front batteries to open up on it.  Will melt corvettes within seconds (sometimes before they even have a chance to fire on me because IBLs have over a kilometer and a half greater range than any gun a corvette can mount).  Will shred other frigates rapidly.  Will do great damage to destroyers and carriers and eventually destroy them.
  • Left and right double turrets - 2 x Ion Shard Railgun each (4 total) - Great for shredding heavy fighters and damaging corvettes that try to outmaneuver me.  Fairly high energy drain makes me weary to mount more than 4 of these on my ship as it will take away from how long I can unleash doom, death, and destruction via my front mounted IBLs.
  • Top, bottom, and rear double turrets - 2 x Phased Repeater Gun each (6 total) - A high rate of fire and extremely accurate weapon with a relatively low power draw (for a ship with the Tiger's laser capacitor and recharge rate).  Extremely effective for missile defense and highly effective at taking out light fighters and scouts as well as damaging heavy fighters.

I thought about just mounting 10 Flak Artillery Arrays in all the turrets.  FAAs' extreme accuracy would mean that having these mounted in all the double turrets would pretty much guarantee that no missile ever reaches my ship.  Also, it would spell certain doom to any fighter trying to flank me.  However, FAAs have exceedingly high energy drain, making them prohibitive to mount in large quantities, even on a ship with as generous a laser capacitor and recharge rate as a Tiger.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can bring a luchadora on my expedition  :w00t:

YyakizR.jpg

I terrified some sheep by cutting a promo on them and telling them in vivid detail how I was going to beat them up.

4iIYHYk.jpg

Also, I engaged in rugby practice with some Scottish highlanders. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Duelyst, a F2P turn-based strategy/collectible card game hybrid. Rather than other TBS games where the RNG either affects damage values, or accuracy, here the randomness is in which card you will pull from your deck into your hand.

This is from when I just started playing ranked online games.
I was playing Abyss, a faction focusing on summoning trash en masse and then sacrificing them, of buffing them all at once.
Opponent is Lyonar, and their specialty is troops that get much stronger next to their general, often causing all of the units to move around in a very tight, tough-to-break formation.

In this match, my opponent had some tankiness, but never enough offensive power to finish my intimidating Shadow Watcher off. The best they could do is teleport him to the other side of the map... twice. That merely delayed the inevitable because there was very little they could do from their little top-right corner.
ALn8P7g.jpg

This is just moments ago in another ranked game.
Now I'm playing Vanar, the most utility-based faction in the game and the toughest one to play. Soft removals, area denials, stuns, etc.
My opponent in playing Vetruvian, a faction that usually stays far away, blasting with ranged units, or harassing with free spirits that their obelisks resummon constantly.

This time, it didn't go so well. He was completely unable to slow my progress towards his position and eventually ended up in tight group hug for several turns before giving up. He tried to squirm his way out with help of a few units, but I had an answer every time and his creatures rarely lived for longer than a turn.

4qXqhvo.jpg

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1

My Split Ocelot Passenger Transport

fDdUMRV.jpg

0WPZOOW.jpg

Dhr1Asa.jpg

The Ocelot started out as a military command ship and recon corvette that was transitioned into a luxury yacht.  It's a very fast ship (the fastest TP in the game by a wide margin) that can outrun the majority of heavy fighters, it has shielding on par with an average heavy fighter and actually outguns most heavy fighters (it has super crappy laser generator recharge, but it can mount the ammunition-based Energy Bolt Chainguns which bypass that problem).  I'd still probably give an edge to a well armed heavy fighter in a 1 on 1 dogfight, due to the fighter's superior maneuverability and smaller hit box, but the Ocelot can certainly hold its own in a fight.  Also, it looks badass (In typical Split fashion the ship is arrowhead shaped.  Their ships tend to resemble speartips and arrowheads).  Its main purpose in my fleet is as an armored personnel carrier with its generous 40 marine capacity.  This will be the ship I use when I go hunting for a Goner Aran in the future.  At the moment I'm using it to complete a mission where a guy wants me to take a bunch of people on a sightseeing cruise through a bunch of sectors in exchange for a couple thousand shares in a company (it's part of a long plot where I'm trying to help this poor sod turn his company around).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Some puzzles were changed and new ones added. They also added a new storyline about Spencer (the dude who build the house), other than that it is still quite like the original.

IMO the Remake is the best Resident Evil game to date. I just wish someone would remake the old Alone in the Dark games into something like that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I hope RE2 remake doesn't have corpse burning.

The game would probably be two hours long without the boring inventory hocus pocus.

They should've added the attaché case from RE4.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.