Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First person to create walk/run toggle mod gets a cookie

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

bman654

bman654

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Silly me.  I thought BitBucket sent emails to the repo owner when a pull request was opened...

Bester

Bester

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Maybe it does. I check my email accounts once a few months when I need to confirm my email address for some website.

flyingsaucers

flyingsaucers

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Steam:flying_saucers

Thank you for this.

ibanix

ibanix

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 66 posts

On the other hand, I want something to make my party move *faster*. Even faster than double speed, thank you.

Daemonjax

Daemonjax

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts

I just tried out the latest IE mod with the walk speed and faster stealth options.

Good stuff... works as advertised.

Any chance on making characters/party run on double-click, like in Fallout 2?  Or, at least a walk/run toggle key?

For sneaking, I think I'm going to stick with the default speed because the animation looks too strange (the sneak animation plays at original frames per second, while moving at a running speed).  It is what it is, though.  Working as advertised.  

Would it be possible to remove the redundant semi-transparency effect from party members that are in stealth mode?

Edited by Daemonjax, 08 April 2015 - 07:16 PM.

• Phalonx likes this

bman654

bman654

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

I just tried out the latest IE mod with the walk speed and faster stealth options.

Any chance on making characters/party run on double-click, like in Fallout 2?  Or, at least a walk/run toggle key?

Good idea.  I'll see if that's possible.  It would be easier than figuring out how to add a walk/run toggle button ;)

• Sif, Noin and FaustianEchoes like this

Bester

Bester

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Bman654 I added you on Nexus so you can upload new versions of the IE mod without having to wait up on me, edit description, changelog, etc etc. Feel free to do anything you want.

• Sif likes this

FaustianEchoes

FaustianEchoes

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts

Thank you so much for this

As promised

hero-snack-size-chocolate-chip-cookie-mi

Edited by FaustianEchoes, 08 April 2015 - 11:50 PM.

Daemonjax

Daemonjax

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts

Good idea.  I'll see if that's possible.  It would be easier than figuring out how to add a walk/run toggle button ;)

YW.  I'm full of good ideas, btw. ;)

Mebrilia

Mebrilia

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts

Can anyone explain to me why many people are so freaked out about not being able to walk? What's the point?

And PLEASE don't say its because the NPCs in the world can walk, please prove to me there is an answer better than a 5 year old's

Immersion for some people me included.. Immersion is the key in a RPG pillars of eternity is immersive enough but a walk run toggle button can made the exploration most enjoyable for us...

Is a matter of make live the character you play.. Also is silly the characters always run 

agris

agris

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hey bman, I'm going to cross-post a mod request from over at the Codex:

Not for lack of work to do on your end, but I'd like to suggest a new toggle-able option for the IE Mod: "Path of the Damned stat and ability modifications for creatures". That way we can play with PotD spawns without the buffs, and vice-versa. Or Normal difficulty spawns with buffed creatures. Either way, these aren't options supported by the vanilla game.

Is that something you'd be interested in tackling? It would let users fine-tune the combat difficulty even more so than they can now.

Noin

Noin

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts

Thank you!

When will we get modding forum already?

Not for lack of work to do on your end, but I'd like to suggest a new toggle-able option for the IE Mod: "Path of the Damned stat and ability modifications for creatures". That way we can play with PotD spawns without the buffs, and vice-versa. Or Normal difficulty spawns with buffed creatures. Either way, these aren't options supported by the vanilla game.

That's a really good idea. Or it would be cool to have an additional PotD+ option, with even MORE stat updates. (Because some believe even PotD is too easy). Now the question is - how easy it is to modify encounters? Because if you have to modify every single entry it will be sooo much work... 

agris

agris

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

It's all in how the game applies the stat mods, or if it uses a unique set of creatures (I doubt this).

Ramireza

Ramireza

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I uninstalled until they put it in. How is it a 5 year olds answer that npcs can walk
And the player cannot? That bothers me a large amount and makes the game look stupid.
I can't remember the last time I ran in a bar to talk to someone or ran in someone's house to talk to them
So stupid.

I can fully understand this! I deinstalled the game today because its not possible to scratch my PC´s ass. As long there is no fix for this i stay away from this game and tell everybody that PIllars sucks.

• ibanix likes this

Szegedin

Szegedin

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Thanks a ton bman, - and I second the notion of double-click to run.

I vastly prefer walking everywhere to running everywhere, and in walk mode, double speed suffices for getting around faster.

But having both run and walk options in addition to double speed is of course, best.

flyingsaucers

flyingsaucers

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Chiming in for a request of a toggle/click option to turn walking on/off. Seriously, thank you for this.

Noin

Noin

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts

Played around with walking on a bit, and I like it, except for long distances :) I think the perfect way would be - clicking to a point in the radius of 10 game meters around the character makes him walk the distance to this point, more than 10 m. - run. If it is possible and the game recognizes such things. 

Mdalton31

Mdalton31

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 80 posts
Is the walking mod any good? Anyone use it yet and want to give a review

Szegedin

Szegedin

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Its great, characters .... walk - plus all the other good stuff in the IE Mod.

Just use double speed for long distances.

flyingsaucers

flyingsaucers

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Its great, characters .... walk - plus all the other good stuff in the IE Mod.

Just use double speed for long distances.

I love this mod, but the walking looks a bit stilted already and putting it on double speed kind of defeats the purpose of the mod as it looks ridiculous and is way more immersion breaking than simply running everywhere. We need a toggle :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users