Enemies Do Not Die

osirisob

Question

I am having an issue where enemies will not die. I reduce their HP to zero, at which point they lose the circle around them, can no longer be target, but are still alive and can still hit me. If I run away, I eventually lose aggro. If I come back, they usually stand there and no longer attack - although they might hit, they will not pursue me. This started in lvl 3 of the Endless Paths when I tried to kill an Ogre, but contines thoughout other areas now. I can no longer progress in the game b/c of this bug as I can no longer kill enemies.

I have restarted a few times, but it has not fixed the issue. An older save file does not experience this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm4d673wa4b1r75/PillarsBug.7z?dl=0

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

I have an update on this.

This only happens when I enter lvl 3 of the Endless Paths. I restarted with a save that worked, everything was fine, but then I ran back into this bug upon entering this area. At that point, the bug followed me everywhere. I restarted and avoided the Endless Path's altogether and it would seem that I can bypass the bug. Of course, this kinda sucks since I cannot currently do the Endless Path.

Any updates on this? I cannot proceed in the Endleses Paths. I even used a rope to go down the blood pool in level 2 and found that the xariups also have this bug. Basically, if I don't crit something and expload it, it doesn't die. This affects everything in the Endless Paths, and if I enter the Endless Paths, it begins to affect everything in the game.

I'm having this same issue. I've killed that damn Drake in the blood pool 5 times and every time he just gets up and becomes untargetable/invincible. Same goes for the Ogres in the next floor. Super disappointing that Obsidian can't make a game without the obligatory game breaking bugs. This is Neverwinter Nights 2 all over again >:(

Here are three saves: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ej4m2xvv33f2bfq/Bugs.7z?dl=0

You will find the following saves in the .7z file.

1. This is a save that DOES NOT experience the bug. This was saved moments after successfully killing monsters:

7b12e9f4c36b4a47a3f093431fb8ddd4 13485554 Valewood.savegame

2. This is, as requested, from level 1 of the endless paths. I ran directly from the save in valewood to this location. To create the bug, run to level 3 and try and kill an ogre: 7b12e9f4c36b4a47a3f093431fb8ddd4 13611337 EndlessPathsofOdNuaLevel1.savegame

3. This is a save that DOES experience the bug. This was saved moments after disengaging with a ogre that wouldn't die. Load this file and try to kill the ogres in this area. It was taken after running from the good save from valewood: 7b12e9f4c36b4a47a3f093431fb8ddd4 13615025 EndlessPathsofOdNuaLevel3.savegame

Another note: In case they are related, there are two other bugs that I am experiencing. They haven't really hampered my gameplay, but thought I would mention them:

1. If you go the stronghold and attempt to switch out party members from any of these saves, you will notice there is a phantom party membery with a white portrait and no stats. I used to have the ranger pet bug, and this entry appeared at that time. I've played through most of the game with this - it hasn't seemed to affect anything.

2. If you try to zone in to the endless paths from the courtyard of the stronghold, though the celler doors, it won't let you and bugs out. It brings up a blank map and party selection.

this problem has not been fixed.  Every monster I kill does this.  Can not go on if cannot kill things but they can kill me. This is on a newer computer running windows 10, Nvidia card.  Ran on old windows 7 machine, monsters stay dead but machine works very very slow.  Is there a way to get this to work??? compatibility mode??  if so where do I find exe file?? otherwise can not proceed. Playing through Steam.

Edited by mhelliott

The same error has visited me.  First it was the wolves the are first encountered before getting the springberry;  The humanoid's apart of the plot were fine.  Then in the cave, the 'slime' that is an optional encounter also refused to stay dead.

this problem has not been fixed.  Every monster I kill does this.  Can not go on if cannot kill things but they can kill me. This is on a newer computer running windows 10, Nvidia card.  Ran on old windows 7 machine, monsters stay dead but machine works very very slow.  Is there a way to get this to work??? compatibility mode??  if so where do I find exe file?? otherwise can not proceed. Playing through Steam.

I just reinstalled the game and started over.  I encountered the same thing.  First was the wolf by the springberry.  After killing it, it popped back up with minimal hp and couldn't be targeted.  I was able to disengage from it.  When I came back, it ignored me.

Once inside the ruins, the xaurip did the same thing, but I could not get him to stop following me because one of my characters was stuck in sneak mode.  As such, I also could not exit combat mode or save the game.