IE Mod and tomorrows patch

Doxy

I see, so google analytics can tell you that PoE is a heavily hetero-male oriented game -and- that SJW don't play it because of that. Ok, just checking. *shrug*

All he said is that over 94% of visitors to the IE mod site are men. Saying that this is not indicative of the target audience of Pillars of Eternity is tantamount to saying that women do play PoE, but are just too dumb to use the IE Mod.

I prefer to think that the average woman is just as dumb as the average man. Unless there's any reason specifically men would use the IE Mod, there's no reason to think that the analytics would be off when it comes to PoE itself. Do men mod their games more than women? If so, why? And so on and so forth.

Bester, your mod is clearly misogynistic, please make it more friendly towards the womyn, the fact that such a high percentage of the users are men calls for some immediate affirmive action. You should force every third download to identify as non-male or simply refuse the attempted download.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

It's worth noting that the Nexus gender field defaults to Male, and changing it means digging through profile settings.  Until I saw this thread I wasn't even aware there was a way to specify my gender.  I have a Nexus account so I can download stuff and my profile is completely empty, which I suspect is representative of most Nexus users.  In short, there's no statistical significance to the gender field on the Nexus.

• Like 5

It's worth noting that the Nexus gender field defaults to Male, and changing it means digging through profile settings.  Until I saw this thread I wasn't even aware there was a way to specify my gender.  I have a Nexus account so I can download stuff and my profile is completely empty, which I suspect is representative of most Nexus users.  In short, there's no statistical significance to the gender field on the Nexus.

There's a gender field on Nexus?  Where is it?  I looked at my profile but don't see anything.  For the record, I'm a woman, I use the IE mod, and I made a huge pile of mods for the first Witcher game.

Nexus_profile_zpspaorldsd.jpg

• Like 1

There's a gender field on Nexus?  Where is it?  I looked at my profile but don't see anything.  For the record, I'm a woman, I use the IE mod, and I made a huge pile of mods for the first Witcher game.

Click on the arrow next to your username, then "user area", then "change email address", then "profile settings" and it's halfway down the page.  It took me a full 5 minutes of looking to find it after reading this thread.  I still don't know if others can view this field, but since someone upthread was quoting stats, I assume so.  Maybe it's linked to download statistics somehow.

Edited by complexmath

Doesn't google analytic's use your sign-in? By that your Google account, like gmail to phish for usage stats. The first party cookies as one of the ways they gather information seems to bear that out. https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsTrackingOverview

Huh, no idea.  Though that would require the user to have a gmail/google+ account and have filled in their gender as well.  And unlike the Nexus, I've given up trying to find the gender field in google+.  It's got to be there somewhere, but I haven't had any luck so far.

Either way, my personal experience suggest the assertion that 95% of PoE players (or IE Mod users?) are male is completely wrong.  Of the people I know playing PoE, roughly half are female, and a number of them are trans male and trans female as well.  My experience may also be nontypical, but it's no less relevant than stats gathered based on a non-required field which defaults to male :)

Edited by complexmath
  • Like 1

What are you guys using to edit the IE mod? Thinking about fooling around with xp amounts, and maybe creature stats.

A way to control exp would be great. Would love to set exp at around 80-85% to reach level 12 near the end game with all quests, etc completed.

What are you guys using to edit the IE mod? Thinking about fooling around with xp amounts, and maybe creature stats.

A way to control exp would be great. Would love to set exp at around 80-85% to reach level 12 near the end game with all quests, etc completed.

Considering the XP you get at the end and the XP you get by clearing floor 13 that would actually mean you fight Floor 13 with level 11 (or less) but why XP reduction? Why not more levels, more abilities etc.? (Anyway, I accidentally quoted this so yay ;p)

Click on the arrow next to your username, then "user area", then "change email address", then "profile settings" and it's halfway down the page.  It took me a full 5 minutes of looking to find it after reading this thread.  I still don't know if others can view this field, but since someone upthread was quoting stats, I assume so.  Maybe it's linked to download statistics somehow.

That's Nexus forums, not Nexus site ;) 2 difference things login and account wise. There is no way a mod author knows anything about who or what downloaded his mods on Nexus.

Your profile for the Nexus forums lists gender, but the NEXUS user details do not. And those 2 things are not linked.

Ps.: And I have mods on Nexus ;) Although only 4 very silly ones for Witcher 2.. if there is a way to see any detailed stats I never found it.

Edited by eRe4s3r
  • Like 1

Sensuki, have you finished PoE already ? Can you say that you are satisfied ? ; )

I think the better question is how many times has he beaten it? :p

I'm surprised to see a lot of posting still happening here. Shouldn't the beta forums be locked or something, or is this just where the cool kids like to hang out these days?

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Nah I haven't finished it, haven't really been enjoying the game so I stopped and I'm playing something else at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, particularly after all the time you spent helping to improve the game. I guess this is perhaps the curse of being so deeply invested. Perhaps there was practically no way the final product could live up to your expectations.

I'm happy in this case not to be much of a game critic, as that means I'm pretty much able to relive the experience I had back in college when I first played Baldur's Gate. Except, I haven't dropped out of work for a week (been tempted, trust me, just not a good time for that at the moment), and I'm consuming a lot less pizza.

The game has it's flaws, but I'm getting my IE fix in a 2015 package.

I'm surprised to see a lot of posting still happening here. Shouldn't the beta forums be locked or something, or is this just where the cool kids like to hang out these days?

Well they are like the unofficial obsidian modding forums so they will still have activity until they give us a proper modding forum.

Nah I haven't finished it, haven't really been enjoying the game so I stopped and I'm playing something else at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, particularly after all the time you spent helping to improve the game. I guess this is perhaps the curse of being so deeply invested. Perhaps there was practically no way the final product could live up to your expectations.

I'm happy in this case not to be much of a game critic, as that means I'm pretty much able to relive the experience I had back in college when I first played Baldur's Gate. Except, I haven't dropped out of work for a week (been tempted, trust me, just not a good time for that at the moment), and I'm consuming a lot less pizza.

The game has it's flaws, but I'm getting my IE fix in a 2015 package.

Honestly the EE games were better...especially that last update to BG2EE...add a few mods from G3 and damn PoE is **** by comparison.

I'm doing Bloodborne mostly with Scholar next...game's a few patches (more like design decisions) away from being mediocre and is literally unplayable w/o the IE mod(IMO anyway).

Edited by GreyFox

It has nothing with being invested or being a critic. I also own the game and stopped playing mid way.

It's just too boring.

Wave after wave of mmo enemies that yield no reward and now that i see the IE mod is discontinued i'm not coming here anymore either, since removing the movement limitations at least made the game bearable.

• Like 1

Honestly the EE games were better...especially that last update to BG2EE...add a few mods from G3 and damn PoE is **** by comparison.

I'm doing Bloodborne mostly with Scholar next...game's a few patches (more like design decisions) away from being mediocre and is literally unplayable w/o the IE mod(IMO anyway).

As someone who has beaten Bloodborne please allow me to reply with "Lol".

Seriously guys the game is great and it is perfectly playable with or without the mod.  My only complaint is that later in the game once your team levels up you are just too powerful with the right classes/abilities. 

As someone who has beaten Bloodborne please allow me to reply with "Lol".

Seriously guys the game is great and it is perfectly playable with or without the mod.  My only complaint is that later in the game once your team levels up you are just too powerful with the right classes/abilities. 

I would rather shoot myself in the head than to play the game with the base solid UI after playing with yours, and the all-circles-green retardation wants me to pluck my eyes out. I could live without the fix to the movement recovery penalty, and I'm not playing without Engagement (even though I'd like to see it killed), but not the more basic, fundamental fixes. Everything-is-highlighted-everywhere also comes to mind.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

It has nothing with being invested or being a critic. I also own the game and stopped playing mid way.

It's just too boring.

Wave after wave of mmo enemies that yield no reward and now that i see the IE mod is discontinued i'm not coming here anymore either, since removing the movement limitations at least made the game bearable.

Fair enough. It just isn't the game for you guys. Can't make everyone happy.

• Like 1