IE Mod and tomorrows patch

Doxy

Any patch will overwrite the IE Mod, and you do not need to remove it manually. However, the Mod needs to be updated before you can re-apply it.

I hope Bester doesn't overwork himself. D: We love you, Bester!

• Like 7

t50aJUd.jpg

Any patch will overwrite the IE Mod, and you do not need to remove it manually. However, the Mod needs to be updated before you can re-apply it.

I hope Bester doesn't overwork himself. D: We love you, Bester!

Agreed, take it easy mate. No point in burning yourself out over it.

The mod will need to be updated for the new patch.

Reading the RPG Codex thread, I've come to appreciate the amount of work you guys have been doing behind the scenes to get mods going.  Definite props to you and the other folks who made this possible! :)

I get a crash with a runtime error when I try to load a game with the new IE mod installed :(

My guess: an issue with the hotfix.

Also, Bester, I know we all share a common hatred for the Memorials, but is there any chance you could restore the deleted/changed Memorial as a core part of the mod? The tears of insane SJW everywere that just can't possibly use the mod when it includes such "transphobia" would nourish all thinking people everywhere, I think.

t50aJUd.jpg

I get a crash with a runtime error when I try to load a game with the new IE mod installed :(

Also, Bester, I know we all share a common hatred for the Memorials, but is there any chance you could restore the deleted/changed Memorial as a core part of the mod? The tears of insane SJW everywere that just can't possibly use the mod when it includes such "transphobia" would nourish all thinking people everywhere, I think.

Is this something people are actually complaining about?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The fact that Obsidian caved to the demands of a small sect of Twitter lunatics playing the "I'm offended"-game, and removed one of the single few memorial notes that weren't objectively horrific, and which a backer invested $500 USD in the game for? Yeah, you might say that people are a tad upset over that issue.

• Like 3

t50aJUd.jpg

Also, Bester, I know we all share a common hatred for the Memorials, but is there any chance you could restore the deleted/changed Memorial as a core part of the mod? The tears of insane SJW everywere that just can't possibly use the mod when it includes such "transphobia" would nourish all thinking people everywhere, I think.

The fact that Obsidian caved to the demands of a small sect of Twitter lunatics playing the "I'm offended"-game, and removed one of the single few memorial notes that weren't objectively horrific, and which a backer invested $500 USD in the game for? Yeah, you might say that people are a tad upset over that issue.

You're going to need to be more specific. I haven't been keeping up with whatever dumb Internet drama plays out on a day-to-day basis.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Also, Bester, I know we all share a common hatred for the Memorials, but is there any chance you could restore the deleted/changed Memorial as a core part of the mod? The tears of insane SJW everywere that just can't possibly use the mod when it includes such "transphobia" would nourish all thinking people everywhere, I think.

You're going to need to be more specific. I haven't been keeping up with whatever dumb Internet drama plays out on a day-to-day basis.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75219-limerick-edit-thread/

There's probably a better thread for it; this is pretty much the fallout thread, not one of the ones that highlighted the original "issue" and the ridiculous demands of the lunatic few. But it should be the gist of it.

t50aJUd.jpg

Honestly, why should Bester waste his time putting energy into this? Probably better off just ignoring it completely, imo; it's not worth all the drama and attention it's been given. From what I've seen, the people complaining neither play the game nor use the IE mod.

Edited by View619

Honestly, why should Bester waste his time putting energy into this? Probably better off just ignoring it completely, imo; it's not worth all the drama and attention it's been given. From what I've seen, the people complaining neither play the game nor use the IE mod.

Why? Because he probably enjoy the virgin tears of the intellectually disinclined as much as the next person? Because he's awesome, and we like awesome people? Because it's hilariously easy to actually do for him, but an insurmountable hurdle for the mental midgets that would be put off by it? Take your pick. :lol:

The fact that these self-appointed social justice warriors that insist on taking offense by proxy do not even play the games, nor consider themselves gamers, but just look upon the medium as a political platform to push their agenda or peddle their filth, just makes the thing so much worse, and if anything, reinforces the incentive to push back, in however a small form.

The -524 version of the mod actually had the deleted limerick in the game version line at the bottom of the screen ;)

11/10, would pray at the altar of Bester again.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 3

t50aJUd.jpg

As a core part - no, because I need memorials to be exposed for other purposes. As a module - it's already been made. http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/28/

The reason I exposed the memorials is to allow people to rewrite them so they'd fit the lore, if there are any such enthusiasts. Now that it's been done, I can't just "lock" the content of one entry.

As for SJW lunatics, I just don't have enough enthusiasm to make special mods just for them, they're already getting more attention than they deserve. During 524 version, the limerick was at the bottom of the screen as Sensuki said, and in that time, there was only one sjw at nexus who got mildly butthurt over it. As you can see, SJWs don't actually play PoE, cause it's a heavily hetero-male oriented game. 94,6% visitors of the iemod site are male.

• Like 7
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Would a kind soul dropbox me the latest version of the IE mod? :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

As a core part - no, because I need memorials to be exposed for other purposes. As a module - it's already been made. http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/28/

The reason I exposed the memorials is to allow people to rewrite them so they'd fit the lore, if there are any such enthusiasts. Now that it's been done, I can't just "lock" the content of one entry.

As for SJW lunatics, I just don't have enough enthusiasm to make special mods just for them, they're already getting more attention than they deserve. During 524 version, the limerick was at the bottom of the screen as Sensuki said, and in that time, there was only one sjw at nexus who got mildly butthurt over it. As you can see, SJWs don't actually play PoE, cause it's a heavily hetero-male oriented game. 94,6% visitors of the iemod site are male.

And how would you know this? Do you ask them for their ID and sexual preference?   :getlost:

• Like 1

And how would you know this? Do you ask them for their ID and sexual preference?   :getlost:

Not sure if srs or just that computer illiterate. 

Not sure if srs or just that computer illiterate. 

• Like 1

Luckmann, on 04 Apr 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Why? Because he probably enjoy the virgin tears of the intellectually disinclined as much as the next person? Because he's awesome, and we like awesome people? Because it's hilariously easy to actually do for him, but an insurmountable hurdle for the mental midgets that would be put off by it? Take your pick. [:lol:]

-Nice bit of Ad Hominem there. Curious as to why you think people who have different views politically/sociologically from you are "mental midgets". It can be a dangerous thing, underestimating the intellect of one's opponents. Yes, I'm sure some "SJWs" are dumb as dog****, but there are also some who are bound to be much smarter than you or I. Same goes for the "pro-GG miso-transo-homo-lacto-phobic troglodytes" who are on the other side of the argument. Social and political views bear little correlation to intelligence.

The fact that these self-appointed social justice warriors that insist on taking offense by proxy do not even play the games, nor consider themselves gamers, but just look upon the medium as a political platform to push their agenda or peddle their filth, just makes the thing so much worse, and if anything, reinforces the incentive to push back, in however a small form.

That sentence is incorrect in a number of ways. Firstly, "SJWs" aren't self appointed. That moniker was not invented nor is used by most people who would qualify for the label. Also, from what I've seen, most of them ARE gamers (Including, I might add, the person that first tweeted to obsidian about the memorial in the first place) and even developers (Some of Obsidian included). I know it's easier to see them as some outside force trying to change gaming for the worse, but that's just not the case.I myself am sympathetic to some of these issues (I stress "some of"). This issue specifically, I think has been blown out of proportion. But in general, I think more inclusiveness in gaming, less stereotypes of minorities/genders etc. (All that "SJW" stuff) would be a good thing. And I play games. I consider myself a gamer, and have done since the early 80's (Generally though, I prefer playing games rather than arguing about them) . To put it in modern internet vernacular "Im in ur games social justicing ur entertainment"

(Also, "peddle their filth" - really? Exaggerate much?)

TL;DR Don't presume to know your opponent's intellect or gaming habits. Underestimating the competition has a history of going badly.

• Like 2