Single left click registers as double click

aaktor

Question

I've been playing PoE in any little spare time I have, and I love it. However I experience a minor annoyance sometimes during dialogue where when I left click it registers as 2 clicks, resulting in skipped dialogue. I fear that it'll result in accidently choosing the wrong dialogue options at some point. I'm 100 % sure I'm not double clicking, and I don't have this issue in any other games/software. One of my friends has the same issue, but I haven't seen anyone else posting about it.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

I've been having the same problem, and I think it's getting worse as I progress in the game. It's not just in dialogue either, also during gameplay which is really annoying, like 1 in 3 times when I select an ability from a character it automatically cancels it because it registered a move command afterwards as well. I've tried updating my mouse firmware and checking my Windows settings but it really only seems to be an issue with Pillars of Eternity.

• Like 1

Necroing this thread like a Death Knight in DnD as this has been an  issue for me as well.  I am going to buy a new mouse today and try but its the only program that I have that this happens with so I doubt it.

Have gun will travel.

I had this problem occur with my gaming mouse at home after around 2 years of use, but the issue was not restricted to just one game, it happened all the time. Apparently it happens to some types of mice after extensive use. I got a new mouse and haven't had any more problems. If this issue still occurs with anyone when they use a secondary mouse, please post your game files, especially your system specs and output log (follow the steps here), and we'll try to find and resolve the issue. Thanks for the heads-up, everyone!

• Like 1

I've been playing PoE in any little spare time I have, and I love it. However I experience a minor annoyance sometimes during dialogue where when I left click it registers as 2 clicks, resulting in skipped dialogue. I fear that it'll result in accidently choosing the wrong dialogue options at some point. I'm 100 % sure I'm not double clicking, and I don't have this issue in any other games/software. One of my friends has the same issue, but I haven't seen anyone else posting about it.

I'm experiencing the same issue with my razer imperator mouse. I've become extremely cautious before clicking in dialogues but it still happens randomly. Been re-loading so many times already because of this issue... it's really annoying. One dialogue where it happened more than 5 times in a row was that of Xoti making advances on me... had to re-load again and again just to reject her.  :-