Loot continually missing

Thane9

Question

I have on multiple occasions:

> Gloves at the top of the first spot requiring a grappling hook to get to,,,very early in the game.

> Boots with the same guys name as the gloves found in one of the wilderness zones after the first village

> Multiple drops in the keep (Cased Nua)

I see the object, I right click to examine even, I loot the object.  Then it never appears in my inventory or my stash.  It's effectively gone.

This has happened numerous times now.  Are the loot tables broken?  Are my save files corrupt?  Should I just start the entire game over?  UGH!

I feel like I'm getting progressively more and more gimped as I miss out on significant gear drops.  So far I'm only noticing this with blue named drops not mundane gear.  

Please help.

Note: It seems to be affecting all loot now.  I wasn't noticing the junk, but it's everything.  I've tried different looting methods, so far all fail.

Edited by Thane9

9 answers to this question

If it makes you feel any better - this happened to me as well.  It didnt discriminate, quest items or random junk were all fair game.  It happened to me a number of times, in the temple in guilded vale.  I most noted it, when picking up things of inherent interest like notes or unique items.   As you described i'd right click it, then click it...nowhere to be found, not in stash not in player inventories....poof, vanished into thin air.  I am surprised no one else replied to this or maybe its so glaring that it already has its own dedicated thread.  

Hope it gets resolved.

• Like 1

yes it doesnt happen to every item - as when i first noticed it happening, I made a point of checking even the most mundane items to be sure they didnt disappear.  My observations were that it was completely random with no noticeable pattern or trigger.  Thankfully in my initial 19 hrs of play, nothing major disappeared but will have to wait to continue to play to ensure it doesnt happen to a critical item, later on in the game.

Yep, I lost the Burnished Key that Nedmar gives you, so I can't proceed with clearing the Raedric's Keep quest line. Guess I'm going to be waiting a while before playing this game again, as one patch is usually never enough to address everything.

I have the same problem and unfortunately i didn't realize i was missing out on some loot untill after several hours of playing 1.03.

I can only hope all the necessary quest items were correctly looted, otherwise it would really suck to start over at this point (50h in the game).

Considering this bug and all the various glitches i encountered so far that make me think the game is still unreliable, i will wait some more iterations

before playing again. Too bad, i was really enjoying it :(