Gladly buying a new PC for PE!

I am buying a new PC for this game.

I realize that might sound silly compared to the resource monsters that have come out in the past (Crysis) or will in the near future (The Witcher 3), that many people have pledged to upgrade or bought new PCs for.

My rickety laptop has served me well playing the IE games, but when I backed this game I realized that it would be the one to get me back into PC gaming.

I'm just currious if anyone else had to do the same?

Or am I the lone guy with a pc built from the scraps of a Ford model T truck and a dozen melted down AOL CDs.

I can't wait to play! (Getting the PC next week.) I hope it arrives quickly by blimp or rail or whatever the new fangled contraption is used these days.

Edited by infernofrost
  • Like 2

I almost never buy a new PC. That is because I usually "upgrade" my machine as soon as I feel it's outdated.

That's the beauty of PCs: open the chassis and happy upgrading!

I recently made a major update, replacing the motherboard/CPU and integrated an SSD. The GPU and RAM were still good (just got upgrated one or two years ago), so I saw no point in getting a whole new machine either.

Better for environment, less electric scrap and good for your budget aswell!

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 1

Well this game is not that demanding. I'm playing it on my 6-year-old computer and it runs like hell. I need an upgrade, obviously, but I'll do it for Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3. No, Pillars runs well in old machines.

Edited by Sedrefilos

Well this game is not that demanding. I'm playing it on my 6-year-old computer and it runs like hell. I need an upgrade, obviously, but it'll have to do for Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3. No, Pillars runs well in old machines.

There are one or two particle heavy special effects that make the framerate go nuts, though.

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 1

I bought new PC around November also having in mind PoE, but mainly because my 5-year old laptop was starting to slowly overheat etc. This was the perfect time for an upgrade, I bought just the unit itself, since I had my old monitor and keyboard from my old PC and speakers with mouse from my laptop. Unfortunately, I learned only after launching the game that the 1024 x 768 resolution is no longer a standard, so I have several screens (character, dialogue) cut off from the sides slightly. It's not that much of an issue for me, I will probably be buying a new monitor in the near future.

• Like 1

I'm right there with you, sort of anyway. I've had a laptop exclusively for years, just because it's easier for me to be able to take my computer with me if necessary and I can't really afford a dektop and a laptop at the moment. I generally just keep my laptop on my desk on a laptop stand hooked up to my external hard drive, mouse, keyboard, and speakers. I finally bought a 1920x1080 monitor to hook up to my laptop a couple weeks ago to make sure to experience PoE in all of it's glory. I mean, having a 24" monitor is obviously an improvement over my 17" laptop screen for doing pretty much everything, but PoE pushed me to finally get it.

• Like 1

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate