Issues with Eder and my Monk involving enemy Aggro

So the problem I'm having is that my front line consists of Eder and my PC who is a Monk. Now as soon as any enemies see us they seem to charge for whoever the first person they see. So if they see Eder they all surround him and start wailing on him, but when this happens my Monk gets no wounds and is largely usless.

Now if they charge my Monk first they all surround him and wail on him, giving him lots of wounds to use, but a) he dies since he's not as tanky as Eder and b) then it feels like Eder has no point as he just whacks at people's backs instead of soaking up damage like fighters are supposed to do.

Does anyone have any tips, advice or any comments about this? Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is?

I wish Monks had a per encounter ability that could make one person focus on them or something. I really don't want to start over as a new class, but I'm finding my party isn't working well together.

I like to give my monk the disengage cloak + talent just for that reason. With +30 defense when disengaging you can easily back off after gaining a few wounds to get your dps going and your tank can take over.

The situation becomes easier when you add a 2nd tank later in the game. I assume you play without henchmen, so the Chanter or Paladin companions you can recruit fit nicely into that role.

I use a paladin and Eder as my frontline, and it's all about how you position your guys, if you have them shoulder to shoulder the enemies get forced to fight both your guys at once, preferably in choke-holds of some sort.

I also seem to be the only guy that has enemies who will go STRAIGHT after my weaker people at times, so many times I've had to send Aloth to anothe room because otherwise 2-3 guys will charge him after my front line has been engaged.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Haha I sent Aloth to another room and a teleporting Shadow still found him!!

Feel your pain man!

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you