Tempted to restart! (slight spoilers)

OK so I'm about 20 hours (slow play) in, but I can't help feel I've done a few things wrong, and I'm going off my Paladin build. He was forced to massacre loads of priests in a certain well-known hold because he didn't know which door to go through, which has left him a broken man.

Now he finds dialogue options he hoped would be there are not, and therefore his 4 companions face a very tough battle which by the look of it I'll have to reload several times to win. I feel I can tackle the whole of that chapter a lot better but of course it means doing everything else again too...all good fun tho. I'm a few points short of level 5 on all chars.

I'm playing on Hard and it's about right for everything else, so I'll keep it like that. Should I start again?? Sooo tempted. Cipher or Barbarian this time. Anyone else face this dilemma or do you just push on through? I've not even gone to Defiance Bay yet. But I now feel I know a lot more about the system , what talents to take etc.

Starting again about mid-way is a common theme for me, sometimes for the same reason as yours.
Honestly, if you're even thinking about it then its best to just make a backup of your current saves and start again, because the temptation will keep gwaning at you. I know how it goes.
However, here's some points that you should consider:
1) Just because you're a paladin it doesn't mean you can't go around killing other priests. If they worship a god you despise then all the more reasons to go for it. Same thing applies if they're corrupt priests and your duty compels you to put them down see them to justice.
2) As a paladin, your duty is to your oath and to your god. Sometimes you do good, sometimes you do evil (it depends on what kind of paladin you are / want to role-play).
3) If you're experiencing issues with a specific battle then either you're ill-prepared or your too low level for it. Explore and level some more before trying it again.

Edited by IvoryOwl

Don't !

I'm gonna tell you what is going to happen.

You're gonna create a wizard and later in the game you're gonna find a cool shield, so you're gonna create a barbarian but you will find it too repetitive compared to the wizard, so you're gonna create a chanter and make a bad chara but you'll find it too hard, so you're gonna uninstall the game and go play call of duty.

Finish it once, that's my advise.

• Like 2

Starting again about mid-way is a common theme for me, sometimes for the same reason as yours.

Honestly, if you're even thinking about it then its best to just make a backup of your current saves and start again, because the temptation will keep gwaning at you. I know how it goes.

However, here's some points that you should consider:

1) Just because you're a paladin it doesn't mean you can't go around killing other priests. If they worship a god you despise then all the more reasons to go for it. Same thing applies if they're corrupt priests and your duty compels you to put them down see them to justice.

2) As a paladin, your duty is to your oath and to your god. Sometimes you do good, sometimes you do evil (it depends on what kind of paladin you are / want to role-play).

3) If you're experiencing issues with a specific battle then either you're ill-prepared or your too low level for it. Explore and level some more before trying it again.

This only applies to D&D Paladins...

In PoE paladins are NOT holy warriors, they are just knights (just look at the lore: 2 are mercenaries, 1 is the personal guard of some **** nobles, 1 is some glorified tour guides, akin to real world Knight Templars before the crusades, and 1 is some diplomat knights).

Also I am hating PoE paladins :( They are not good tanks (unless you use the glorified guides with AoE heal), specially because they don't have engagement bonuses (like fighters), and they are not good for damage-dealing either (almost all other classes are way better at that).

"good" is a loosely defined skill - my paladin tank cant even be hit by the highest level spells - they "miss" him lol Seems sufficient for a tank right? 

I wouldn't worry about it - it's all part of the story - half the fun is seeing how screwed up everything gets, and yet you carry on and make your own story.  That's kinda the point I think, actually, maybe...  Also if not seeing the proper dialogue options makes you sad - you can turn that off - THEN YOU'LL NEVER KNOW, and ignorance is bliss :D

Edited by Gallenger

Just wanted to add no need to make a back up dsave as  you can have multiple games going and each saves under that particular PC  name

Edited by soulchilde

Don't !

I'm gonna tell you what is going to happen.

You're gonna create a wizard and later in the game you're gonna find a cool shield, so you're gonna create a barbarian but you will find it too repetitive compared to the wizard, so you're gonna create a chanter and make a bad chara but you'll find it too hard, so you're gonna uninstall the game and go play call of duty.

7nTnr.png

Edited by IvoryOwl
  • Like 1