I'm new to this whole "Wizard wearing armor" thing, can someone explain?

Front line - highest armor

back line - naked

Win!

All of the in-between armors are completely useless. If you play right your back liners are never hit anyway. Just run in with the armored melees and gobble up those 'engagements'

And haha!

I also tried an all-moongod party like that, it was very silly and broke the game. It was quite literally impossible to go under a certain HP threshold, because of everyone healing each other all the time, including priest just for kicks.

I've actually come up with worse cheeseball parties since then.

Since you can use ranged weapons even when getting meleed, and fighters get that speed reduction in armor thing, and anyone can get faster firing, fighters using bows with a chanter giving them speed is pretty OP, and zomg do rogues with bows get evil.  Just make sure all your bows have a secondary damage type for those special occasions when you're fighting a pierce-proof enemy.

Oh, and then give all your guys pierce-proof which makes all the non-magic ranged enemies loltastic when trying to fight you.

I refuse to run with naked characters, even if it's technically more efficient for certain characters. The idea just rubs me the wrong way.

And running with a party of armored characters isn't stopping me from winning fights, so it's all good.

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I don't play any 'Godlike' race. First of all I find them extremely ugly, and secondly I find them a bit too 'OP'.

I rather have a 'normal' party, and play a game that is constantly challenging me each fight.

Godlikes definitely have more powerful racial abilities than the other races. This is, however, balanced out by the fact that they can't wear helmets (which can be enchanted later in the game). Theoretically.

I refuse to run with naked characters, even if it's technically more efficient for certain characters. The idea just rubs me the wrong way.

And running with a party of armored characters isn't stopping me from winning fights, so it's all good.

Yeah, I hated that this became a "thing" in the Beta. Fortunately, if you *want* to go unarmored, there are clothing options available with no speed penalty so your characters don't end up literally being naked.

Godlikes definitely have more powerful racial abilities than the other races. This is, however, balanced out by the fact that they can't wear helmets (which can be enchanted later in the game). Theoretically.

As far as I can tell, helmets cannot be enchanted, period.

However, you can find helmets that are already enchanted.

I stick my priest and mage in heavy armour because I don't care about their autoattacks. So let them rock some full plate shrug off arrows and bullets and hold them back until you need them to cast a spell. Who cares about my wizard missing out on a couple of pissy little rod attacks if it lets them survive long enough to walk up and fire fan the whole mob from behind.

Their heavy crossbow damage adds up in the back.

There is plenty of 0-rated-wares out there with no penalty.