So I'm playing a Druid, and I've just summoned my first blight, a Lesser Rain Blight, and after combat was over its still around and kicking. I figured then that unlike Chanter summons, summoned blights must stick around till you rest. Well, after finishing up that quest (the temple of Eothas) and renting a room at the wind, the blight is still around (and got the buff for the rented room too). Its been knocked out in combat as well, but still had HP and gotten back up. No spell descriptions list the intended duration for Summon Lesser Blight, but I'm assumign this is probably a bug, (which unless someone reports that no this is not a bug, i will go properly report it). 

So anyone know for sure if this is the spell working as intended (and if so, how to cancel the spell)? Or have I just gotten a bugged permanent summon that I can't seem to get rid of.

Yeah I had that bug also. A rain blight kept following me after a battle, I just killed it with force attack. There seems to be some bugs with spells ending after battle like they should do. Had that druid insect spell effect linger on my paladin after battle, had to reload.