Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When will IE Mod be available for d/l?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3494 posts

Lol, ie mod has blue selection cycles, when they were blue at some part of the beta and were asked to change to green to look more ie.

Why would anyone ask to have neutral NPC:s with green circles, "to look more ie", when in the IE games, neutral NPC:s had cyan circles?

Not having cyan circles for neutral NPC:s has to be the dumbest thing in PoE. There's all kinds of pro:s and con:s to various design decisions, and a lot of things can be argued back and forth, with some merit to various positions, but having everyone that isn't overtly hostile display in a uniform colour has to be the single dumbest thing, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Josh and Tim can't see the difference between green and blue or something (or can't see the difference between green and the grass), that's pretty much the reason why they made them one color or the other.

The only reason we got green circles at all is because I and others continuously complained about the blue circles.

Edited by Sensuki, 11 April 2015 - 09:31 PM.

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3494 posts

Josh and Tim can't see the difference between green and blue or something (or can't see the difference between green and the grass), that's pretty much the reason why they made them one color or the other.

The only reason we got green circles at all is because I and others continuously complained about the blue circles.

That actually just makes it even dumber, if true.

"I can't differentiate between green and blue, and can't tell the difference between allies and neutrals. Now neither can you because if I can't have it no-one can, play it my way or not at all stop playing with my toys you're doing it wrong this is badwrongfun!".

Actually.. eh.. that's pretty much the vibes I've gotten from Sawyer for a long time so I guess it makes sense.

Blue circles for everyone would've been terrible.

• Namutree likes this

Rosveen

Rosveen

Obsidian Order's Prophet of Woe

• Members
  • 707 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
This is idiotic. The game has a colorblind mode specifically to counter problems like this, why does the project lead's daltonism affect the design of normal mode at all?
  • Valsuelm, Sif and gkathellar like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users