For Obsidian: 92 on Metacritic for PoE

Hi Obsidian,

Thank you so much for getting this game made in such fantastic shape. I'm enjoying it throughly and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Now to the thread title.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/pillars-of-eternity?full_summary=1

Congradulations on hitting 92 on Metacritic on Pillars! I know much bigger budget AAA games from mega-sized studies can't hit the 90s, so much kudos. Though I do wonder, since yall got above a 90, does that mean that bonuses are coming your way? Maybe that can be a stretch goal for the next kickstarter?

Thanks again for the great game and all the great games before it!

P.S. Please make Alpha Protocol 2 your next kickstarter.

• Like 1

Yes, based on 17 critics, it still has 92. That's...

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

If all localizations are as terrible as the german one, the game must be insanely good, considering I would easily take 2 points away just for the crappy translation job. :/

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72163-the-german-localization-is-a-mess/

So in it's current state, I'd personally give it  88/100 ... which is a great rating and still a must-have purchase for every RPG-nerd, but I'd score it nowhere near as high as most professional reviews so far. I think there's a lot of nostalgia bias here...

Fun fact: I feel that for once the user score on metacritic is more representative than the professional review score atm.

Edited by Zwiebelchen

Hi Obsidian,

Thank you so much for getting this game made in such fantastic shape. I'm enjoying it throughly and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Now to the thread title.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/pillars-of-eternity?full_summary=1

Congradulations on hitting 92 on Metacritic on Pillars! I know much bigger budget AAA games from mega-sized studies can't hit the 90s, so much kudos. Though I do wonder, since yall got above a 90, does that mean that bonuses are coming your way? Maybe that can be a stretch goal for the next kickstarter?

Thanks again for the great game and all the great games before it!

P.S. Please make Alpha Protocol 2 your next kickstarter.

Sitting at work now, sleepyheaded and tired/Excaused, and wondering how to get through the workday at the office with only 30 minutes "sleep" . Calling in sick was in my thoughts, but unfornately im just too honest a man to do just that. So here i sit, with my 5th mug o' coffee of the day, extra strong, and its still 9.23 where I live. This day gonna be though.

So thank you Obisian for giving me a fantastic game, and all the sleepless nights that follows with it! Well worth all the money I put into it!

My score, so far: 96%

Edited by Niccolado
  • Like 1

pathetic fanboyism.

I love the game! And thats all I care about! And when someone produces games you like - and I mean really really like - then those needs to hear that praise and support two-ways - by word of praise and by my wallet! Because thats the only way there will be more such games as CRPGs in the future! And as such my 600 dollars is absolutely worth it, and would gladly pay it again!

Theres lots of things that is pathetic, but being a lover of good CRPGs or the gamecompany who makes them - like Obsidian and their team - is not among of them.

• Like 1