What are you playing now?

Considering playing on "normal" mode instead of hard in PoE. Does anyone know what the actual differences between them are? Right now, I'm playing as a ranger with a wolf animal companion, and I've been having my character kite and bait enemies like a madwoman to survive. Only enemies I haven't been able to kill so far are those bears, which move too fast and do *way* too much damage to anything about. These shades and uh...creature names that I can't currently remember that have "king" appended to their names in the catacombs of the first town have been such a bother to kill. I guess I'm supposed to come back later, but I want it done now... tongue.png

(edit) Seems like I'll be playing on normal for now, given what the wiki says. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I am super slow at playing games too.  I like to take my time; it's part of the reason I'm not cut out to play RTSs.  I played nearly 4 hours of PoE last night (and recorded 4 LP episodes) and just reached Gilded Vale.  I got killed a couple times in Valenwood and made note of places to come back to once I have some companions/am stronger.  Turns out, trying to solo a pair of bears with a Barb at lev 2 on hard difficulty, not the best idea.  :p

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For those having the same problem I did with the cursor and multiple monitors.  I think I found an easy fix.  I just checked the box that state "Always save changes that you've made without asking" or something to that affect.  That worked for me.

well, it did for five minutes.  Sorry for the false info.  Just trying to get past this little bug since it's a little annoying, but extremely minor.

Edited by SadExchange

Yeah, those bears are rough until you get some companions. I played all day yesterday. Like 12 hours. I'm in Defiance Bay at the moment and playing on hard.

Hard difficulty has more enemies, and many of which are harder version s of those enemies.

Can't wait to get home and get back to it. I am trying to complete everything, but the big cities always give me trouble. I seem to let quests fall through the cracks. Some fights are pretty merciless on hard.

I feel groggy today and my head is swimming with PoE gibberish, just the sign of a great game/story/movie/book/whatever  :thumbsup:

got killed a couple times in Valenwood and made note of places to come back to once I have some companions/am stronger.

Wrong game!  If only Obsidian could have a crack at Elder Scrolls lore, perhaps it'd be truly intriguing again...

Does quicksave work for you guys? Every time I try (F8) the game tells me in red text that it "is not available." I am not in combat/scripted scenes etc. Manual save works fine.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah. Maybe that's it, I'll check. I could swear the controls menu said F8. Middle-age close-sight strikes again.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just woke up. I vaguely remember looking at the clock a few hours ago and it was 3:40am. Dammit, this hadn't happened in a loooong time.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Speaking of PoE, anyone else getting an arch over "st" in every instance it appears?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm still trying to understand the system. One effect of having AOE and duration hugely modified by stats is that AOE spells don't really work well if you have invested nothing to boost AOE. The same goes for the evade and a host of other abilites. It seems like Duration and AOE have been crammed into places where they don't really belong to balance the system. Druid shapeshift is ludicrously short for example. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah, they did their due diligence in world building, and it shows. I hope it does well enough for a few sequels. Perhaps Obsidians relationship Paizo can spawn some PnP rules as well. The rules would need changing, but I think the world would do really well in a PnP game.

I love reading the stories when you reach into people's souls; some really entertaining stuff there.  I spent an hour walking around Gilded Vale and hardly did anything but talk to people and reach into souls, and I only visited just over half the town.  I haven't even been to the inn yet.  Good times.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I love reading the stories when you reach into people's souls; some really entertaining stuff there.  I spent an hour walking around Gilded Vale and hardly did anything but talk to people and reach into souls, and I only visited just over half the town.  I haven't even been to the inn yet.  Good times.

Those are backer characters right? Did the backers write the text, because some of it reads a lot differently than what you normally find in game.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Maybe I'll see if PoE runs tonight on the laptop I have access too.

Otherwise it's more Borderlands 2! After Chapter 10 there's kind of a flood of sidequests, ones I'm overleveled for by 3.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Those are backer characters right? Did the backers write the text, because some of it reads a lot differently than what you normally find in game.

They don't seem like stuff a lot of backers would write tho, either. I remember some backer npc's showing up in earlier versions of the backer-beta and they were nothing like these soul-reading ones, but don't know for sure.

Heh. I have to admit that Lord Raedric's Keep is a bit annoying. I snuck in, had the disguises, wandered around, talked, conned my way past things.. Went down to the catacombs and killed the undead and all that.

So everything's going fine, a little bit of management but not any stress to handle the fights.. Then I get to Lord Raedric himself.. and holy hell, party wipe multiple times. I definitely think I'll have to wander off and come back with a full party and another level or two....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Maybe I'll see if PoE runs tonight on the laptop I have access too.

Otherwise it's more Borderlands 2! After Chapter 10 there's kind of a flood of sidequests, ones I'm overleveled for by 3.

Considering that it runs on my notebook, albeit badly, you should be able to play. With some patience.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).