Is the experience cap only 28,000 i.e just hitting level 8 ?

if this has been written else where, I did not find it when I did a search. Thought the cap as 12, that i have read, but in the beta (If I can say this here) it was/is currently 8 levels.

post-102105-0-60219100-1426616138_thumb.jpg

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

The one thing I ever break out the character editor for with Baldur's Gate 2 is to give myself the XP I earned in Baldur's Gate 1 and Tales of the Sword Coast.

I'll be doing the same I'm sure for this game's sequel should I play it and find myself with more XP going in than the game allows.

XP caps are kinda stupid I think. Don't put that much XP in a game if you don't want people earning it.

Edited by Valsuelm

one thing i really liked was the BG trilogy mod. it allows a seamless transition between BG 1 and 2, and it allows for the use of the updated BG2 engine on BG1 along with the character creation and the highlighting of interactive objects

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Sounds like the only way the cap would be reached is by completing all side quests and content, it's a benefit to the way exp is granted. Kinda makes doing all the content mean even more, I always have to hit that exp cap.

Yeah, I will be a completionist while playing first run through. Thanks for confirming its 12 levels in release.  guess they didn't want to spil technically the higher levels of the game by allowing us to see what its like...

Can't wait for the game to be out.

There still an expansion in september coming out, not a DLC but a full expansion, like in the good old days. So few games come outwith expansions these days. Its all about the money for them. They can add a small trophy and change the pattern on a shirt and sell 100,000 copies of the DLC for 5$, why even bother with an expansion right ?

I will say this, the last 20 games that got my money were Kickstarted. I hope the trend continues, I hope it also makes big companies like Obs and EA and such start creating better games, since people can now spend less and get a better game from kickstarter most of the time. 

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...