Maybe change the size/position of animal companion icon?

LordFey

I love the portraits in PoE especially the newer ones. But if you play with an animal companion a huge portion of your portrait is cut off, which annoyed me quite a bit. Is it possible to either change the shape or size of the animal companion icon or place it completely elsewhere (like above the portrait as an example) so that everyone including the rangers can appreciate the awesome artwork? :)

Screenshot: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/526132676951183015/738A3BE1567476B00EEEB9DD6E4F59C73C774A46/

The latest build is great btw! I'm counting the days to the final release!

• Like 2

that's a valid request, friend. The animal portrait needs to be about 20% more off of the character portrait, or indeed be dockable to other corners of the main portrait. Additionally, it would be nice if the animal companion portrait was sort of transparent and only became opaque as you hovered over it to select it. I think it would be a nice gesture to include an option to flip the portrait facing left or right. That would be easier than having to load duplicate images in the folder and taking up space.

• Like 2

Portrait flipping indeed sounds like a really good and cheap to make solution. Another alternative I imagine could be moving the companion icon beside the modal abilities after selecting the ranger portrait... since the animal companion is a "kinda" sort of modal ability. ^^