Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Backer Beta Build 480 is Live!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Falkon Swiftblade

Falkon Swiftblade

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Where do you go to get the beta at?

if you paid for the backer beta during kickstarter, or within a window of time afterwards they linked you your key to d/l the bb on steam. If you're just now finding out about the game you'll have to just hold out for 2 more weeks when it comes out.

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade, 14 March 2015 - 05:38 PM.

MasterPrudent

MasterPrudent

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Where do you go to get the beta at?

To clarify Falkon's post: Seeing as you're a gold backer you have access to it. What you need to do is head here: https://eternity.obsidian.net/login and login to your account. Once you're in click on the products tab. Under that tab you should see the backer beta and you'll be able to generate a steam key for it there.

Docnox

Docnox

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

love the improved armor and character model polish but keep it up, the rest of the game looks great. i dont want to see this fall the way of ESO, the world was very pretty but the characters looked nearly PS1 level graphically. completely ruined the experience for me. i noticed today the godlikes looked awesome but the elves and short races still seemed, well like something on an iphone game. of course the story seems to be coming along great but i just cant see myself sticking with a game that feels like minecraft steve in skyrim.

jah

jah

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Are you familiar with the Infinity Engine games that are the spiritual predecessors to this one? I have an extremely overpowered gaming rig but I can still load Planescape: Torment and become fully immersed not because of the mind-blowing ehhrrmahgawd graphics but because the writing, story, and atmosphere are so engrossing. I believe that this is what PoE is going for. They're not trying to blow you away with the graphics as much as immerse you in an entirely new universe through great story-telling and classic mechanics.

• Azureblaze likes this

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer
Just wanted to point out a few issues here that were claimed fixed but are not / were only partially fixed

Firebrand sword fire effect is no longer lost quickly.

I believe the sword is either using an incorrect in game model, or the model just does not suit the ability. It should use the 3D model of a sword, and have the VFX of the Burning Lash effect.

Two handed style description was modified to make it easier to understand.

The bug report I submitted on this did not have anything to do with the description of the ability, it says +1.1 damage instead of being x1.1 damage - but really it should probably say +10% damage.

Lights in character creation and inventory screens no longer cause bloom and unnatural glare on paperdolls.

Not quite fixed - still happens on hair models

Edited by Sensuki, 16 March 2015 - 10:22 PM.

The Mist Devil

The Mist Devil

Janus's Red Priest of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I wonder if they'll mention you somewhere Sensuki. You sure have been quite dedicated and professional in your testing.

• HozzM likes this

wolfstriked

wolfstriked

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

:luck: :dragon:  Thank you Sensuki.   :dragon: :luck:

Ezio21

Ezio21

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Hey,

I can't wait anymore, should I play last beta build to the end or wait for shop release? Will the release patches work with last beta ?

Regards

Falkon Swiftblade

Falkon Swiftblade

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

no I don't think the release patches will work with Beta. I saw another dev say that files from beta won't work with release, something about how they were having crashes because of saved data on old betas and not being compatible with current game. 

lightblade75

lightblade75

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Do you think the BB will stay in steam when we have the final game? As it works to "lend" games via steam to your friends I am wondering if the BB will stay forever in one's steam account? Does anyone know this?

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Cynic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
From what I have heard from Josh, their intention is to delete the BB now that the game has been released.

Edited by Night Stalker, 30 March 2015 - 03:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users