RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Yeah, skylines looks good, only think turning me off from it is that I didnt see any elevation in game, no hills, no mountains, strange but maybe it is in but not just showed yet

Looks like you can do that in the map editor.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cities Skylines looks really good.  This is a game I'll very likely get in the future.  I'm tempted to get it now, especially given the extremely reasonable price, but a deep, complex city builder, like this, is a massive time sink, and Pillars of Eternity, which I also expect to be quite a time sink, is just around the corner.  Running 2 big time time sinks at the same time doesn't make sense to me.  Also, knowing Paradox, there will be 800,000 DLCs for this.  The plan is to get this in a few months at 25% or 33% off and with a few DLCs.  ;)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Cities Skylines looks really good.  This is a game I'll very likely get in the future.  I'm tempted to get it now, especially given the extremely reasonable price, but a deep, complex city builder, like this, is a massive time sink, and Pillars of Eternity, which I also expect to be quite a time sink, is just around the corner.  Running 2 big time time sinks at the same time doesn't make sense to me.  Also, knowing Paradox, there will be 800,000 DLCs for this.  The plan is to get this in a few months at 25% or 33% off and with a few DLCs.  ;)

Thanks man you just saved me some bucks, god knows I hate DLCs and while I love Paradox I am not going to support that kind of BS :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Thanks man you just saved me some bucks, god knows I hate DLCs and while I love Paradox I am not going to support that kind of BS :)

In their previous games (Cities in Motion 1& 2) Colossal Order (developer of the game) offered only non-gameplay dlc, like new vehicle models, models for famous land marks, maps inspired by real world cities.

They also support community mods for similar things (vehicle reskins, new models, new maps).

Of course one can't be sure that they continue same policies in this game, although they have promised extensive mod support for Cities: Skylines.

Hopefully they add in natural disasters in the futures, as one complain I've seen is that nothing ever bad ever happens to your city (outside of crime, pollution, traffic jams, etc.).  I would also love to see unnatural disasters.  I won't lie, I'd plop down $4.99 for a Kaiju DLC.  :yes:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hi, backers!

It's in the headline but worth repeating:

Dreamfall Chapters Book Two: Rebels will be delayed until Thursday, March 12th, at 1900 Oslo headquarters time (CET). That's 11 AM PDT, 2 PM EDT and 6 PM GMT.

The reason for this brief delay is that we've found and fixed a couple of critical bugs today, and we need another full day of testing with the next release candidate before we're comfortable pushing the big green button.

We will of course continue to work through the evening to make sure there are no other issues — stay tuned to Twitter for pictures of tired team members!

We sincerely apologise for the delay, but we're sure you want the same thing we do: a polished and (mostly!) bug-free experience. We'd rather delay forty-eight hours than rush something out without having tested it properly. We hope you all agree.

This will hopefully also enable us to release concurrently on Steam, GOG and Humble, something we always strive to accomplish but can't always deliver on.

When it comes to early access, we have stated on several occasions that our goal is to provide that with every episode, if possible. We opened up twenty-four hours early with Book One, and we will do our best to provide the same early access to relevant backers with Book Three. Because of the above-mentioned bugs, however, we have decided to not open up for early access to Book Two. Above all, we don't want anyone to have a subpar or buggy experience.

We are working to put together something special for early access backers next month, however, and we will update you on that as we get closer. It should hopefully be a nice surprise!

We hope you understand our decision to delay, and we apologise again for the late notice. These things do happen in game development, particularly with a small team trying to do big things (and Book Two is massive). We appreciate your support and continued patience, and we hope and trust you'll be very, very happy with what we have in store for this Thursday!

Team RTG

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'd probably be pretty comfortable with that trackpad, more so than most, because I use a trackball, which is a very similar movement to how that trackpad controls.  What's more, the ball on my trackball doesn't spin quite as freely as on some trackballs, so it's not great for quick, large angle turns (unless I turn up the sensitivity, which would make precision aiming more jumpy), thus I'm used to spinning the ball 2 or 3 times to make a large angle turn in games.  That said, I don't think this controller would ever replace m&kb for a first or third person shooter for me.  I am curious how it would perform in different genres, though.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I actually think Valve's controller will shine more by allowing mouse driven experiences like Civilization, Pillars of Eternity, Sim City, Papers Please, etc to be played on a TV from the couch. I think it will be ok (at best) for shooter games (both 1st and 3rd person), and possibly pretty good for 3rd person beat'em up games like the Arkham games. It will likely be bad at fighting games, and I am of the mind it won't be too hot for platformers. It makes up for the more traditional controller's short comings with many genres while being somewhat worse at what those traditional controllers are pretty good at. M & K will still win in all aiming contests. We will see.

Cities Skylines looks really good. This is a game I'll very likely get in the future. I'm tempted to get it now, especially given the extremely reasonable price, but a deep, complex city builder, like this, is a massive time sink, and Pillars of Eternity, which I also expect to be quite a time sink, is just around the corner. Running 2 big time time sinks at the same time doesn't make sense to me. Also, knowing Paradox, there will be 800,000 DLCs for this. The plan is to get this in a few months at 25% or 33% off and with a few DLCs. ;)

Paradox's DLC is usually not bad. You get the $10-15 expansions that are usually worth the money and get 75% discounts after 4 months anyway, then the $1-2 aesthetic dlc that is entirely skippable and generally only for the hardcore players.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is the upcoming Battlefield Hardline a brand new game, or an expansion/DLC to an existing Battlefield game?

The trailer looks kind of cool.  Then again, I'm a sucker for cop games.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Is the upcoming Battlefield Hardline a brand new game, or an expansion/DLC to an existing Battlefield game?

it's a stand-alone game that is, at its core, an expansion. very little content in the beta

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

https://twitter.com/RedThreadGames/status/575715596488347648

Funny to read it, though I suppose that's if you can solve all the puzzles beforehand.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Age of Wonders 3: Eternal Lords coming out on the 14th of April.

I'm just waiting for it to finish getting ported to Linux (hopefully it's done by the time this expansion comes out).  Once that happens, I'll scoop up AoW3 and all its expansions the next time it pops up on sale.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26921743

Increased aggression after playing games linked to frustration and feelings of incompetence derived from failing or bad mechanics not violent content. So the last negative effect of violent video games has been debunked.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I can't even remember the last time I broke a keyboard over a game.

Because it happens so regularly that the entire situation has just become background noise to your life?
  • Like 7
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

As it has not been mentioned yet, Syndicate (you know, the good one) is now "On the House" on Origin, if you're not loathe to use the service.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/4591962/#Comment_4591962

Star Citizen is going to have a big HD footprint, I suppose it's not too outlandish considering the bloated installs Rockstar delivers.