Good Fantasy Books

Heijoushin

Have you read any of Esslemont's Malazan books? I'm curious as to the opinions of anyone who's read Erikson's work as well as Esslemont's.

No but am plannning to read Orb Sceptre Throne considering it continues the Darujhistan story of Toll the hounds.

And maybe Assail.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Has anyones read the  newest patrick rothfuss book, "the slow regard of silent things" ?

I loved the first 2 books, but of all the characters in the books, Auri is probably my least favorite.

still im kinda interested because I really liked the other books. 

is it worth reading?

Has anyones read the  newest patrick rothfuss book, "the slow regard of silent things" ?

I loved the first 2 books, but of all the characters in the books, Auri is probably my least favorite.

still im kinda interested because I really liked the other books. 

is it worth reading?

No, it's terrible (and I'm a huge fans of his first two books) Unless you have a fetish for feng shui... then Christmas just came early.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I'm looking into it!

The Deed of Paksinarrion trilogy was written by Elizabeth Moon, it's a book about a girl who joins a mercenary company to avoid an arranged marriage, then eventually goes on to become a paladin. Moon was in the marines and is a history buff so the characters and the way the world work feel very authentic, it's very interesting to see the typical fantasy setting through her eyes. There is a lot of political intrigue, mystery, conflict, drama ect scattered throughout but the bulk of the book is about military life in a fantasy setting.