Fatigue mechanics

Bazy

The fatigue mechanic is not well explained. It doesn't have a "cyclopedia" entry. Athletics kind of does. 

-As far as I can tell, like in the IE games, after a certain time limit your character will get a "fatigued" debuff. Such that you need to rest to remove it.

-There is currently no way to tell how close you are to obtaining the debuff. 

-It is also possible to get "fatigued" from scripted interactions when your athletics is hot high enough.

Is this correct?

Edited by Bazy

The fatigue mechanic is not well explained. It doesn't have a "cyclopedia" entry. Athletics kind of does. 

-As far as I can tell, like in the IE games, after a certain time limit your character will get a "fatigued" debuff. Such that you need to rest to remove it.

-There is currently no way to tell how close you are to obtaining the debuff. 

-It is also possible to get "fatigued" from scripted interactions when your athletics is hot high enough.

Is this correct?

I agree about the feedback. It could be something we can fit in before release or in a patch. 

• Like 1

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

But please don't add a visual meter that shows how much until the debuff! Also, why tie it to Athletics and not Constitution? Athletic people get fatigued as well, depending on how much they have exerted themselves. I think the ability to resist fatigue should be a function of your stamina (not the game term, the real life term), represented by Con, while athletics is connected to preforming specific tasks that require athletic/acrobatic abilities - rope-walking, climbing, swimming etc. :)

Please make sure that the timer doesn't pass while the characters are in conversation (I guess you are already checking that). As for indicator for remaining time untill debuff, I'd be ok about noting how much hours have passed since my last resting, like I did in the IE games.

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png