Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Kickstarter Thread

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3801 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Fig CEO Justin Bailey, who was the COO at Double Fine... -snip-

Yikes, considering how well run Double Fine was, that's not exactly reassuring.  :wacko:

But Brian Fargo and Feargod Orcheart are on board.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6780 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Fig CEO Justin Bailey, who was the COO at Double Fine... -snip-

Yikes, considering how well run Double Fine was, that's not exactly reassuring.  :wacko:

But Brian Fargo and Feargod Orcheart are on board.

Yeah, sorry, but Fargo and Feargus are not enough to offset the Double Fine stench for me.

• ShadySands and Bryy like this

samm

samm

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1166 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

As their role in Fig is to oversee the company, and if at all anything beyond that, then at most being involved in the kickstarting process itself rather than development, I don't see Double Fine's invovlment as a liabilty at all. After all, their Broken Age kickstarter and the documentation of whole process were remarkably well done.

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6780 posts

As their role in Fig is to oversee the company, and if at all anything beyond that, then at most being involved in the kickstarting process itself rather than development, I don't see Double Fine's invovlment as a liabilty at all. After all, their Broken Age kickstarter and the documentation of whole process were remarkably well done.

Yeah, I get they're just running the platform, but that's enough to keep me away.  I will never again give my money in advance to anything that has anything to do with the folks that run Double Fine, regardless of their role in it.  Also, I'm glad you used the word "liability", because Fig seems like a ticking legal timebomb just waiting to go off.  I want nothing to do with it.

Rosveen

Rosveen

Obsidian Order's Prophet of Woe

• Members
  • 707 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, I get they're just running the platform, but that's enough to keep me away. I will never again give my money in advance to anything that has anything to do with the folks that run Double Fine, regardless of their role in it. Also, I'm glad you used the word "liability", because Fig seems like a ticking legal timebomb just waiting to go off. I want nothing to do with it.
We all might have something to do with it when Obsidian and inXile fund their next games through it, like they said they're planning to. Then again, if we don't participate as investors, it'll work pretty much the same as on Kickstarter.

Edited by Rosveen, 25 August 2015 - 01:06 AM.

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6780 posts

We all might have something to do with it when Obsidian and inXile fund their next games through it, like they said they're planning to. Then again, if we don't participate as investors, it'll work pretty much the same as on Kickstarter.

I figured that might be the case.  I suppose if and when that happens I'll personally pretend there is no crowdfunding campaign and go back to the old skool way of buying a game when, and only when, it is physically available.  In all honesty, I'd probably be best served to do that with all crowdfunding, not just Fig.  I've kind of started growing disenchanted with crowdfunding in general.  For me, the honeymoon is over, I guess.  :unsure:

Bryy

Bryy

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 2748 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

In theory, a curated video game creation site, like Valve's Concept section for Greenlight, sounds fine. Feargus and Fargo? Excellent.

But then you get to the part where it is crowdfunded. Don't get me wrong, that's great. But the beauty of an open platform like Kickstarter, etc. is that you are encouraged to spend money via looking at how many other legit projects are going on. 

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2911 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I think having two of the biggest kickstarter successes plus the double fine guys who are regarded as a success is enough to bring people on board. Harebrained Scjemes would have been better to bring on IMO

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2157 posts
Probably not too many people here play Combat Mission, but if you do you might know it badly needs an operational layer in addition to the tactical layer which it already has (which is excellent btw). Well, here's a small Kickstarter for an operational level game which might link to Combat Mission in the future if all goes well : https://www.kickstar...mbat-operations
  • ShadySands likes this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2502 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Probably not too many people here play Combat Mission, but if you do you might know it badly needs an operational layer in addition to the tactical layer which it already has (which is excellent btw). Well, here's a small Kickstarter for an operational level game which might link to Combat Mission in the future if all goes well : https://www.kickstar...mbat-operations

Backed

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2857 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Still waiting on the spiritual successor to Close Combat.

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6780 posts

This one's for Volo:

The Dwarves - An RPG by KING Art Games (Book of Unwritten Tales, etc.) with a tactical physics-driven combat engine.

GhoulishVisage

GhoulishVisage

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thought this might appeal to some here:

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

6722e99af876be130bec373d43668019_origina

6eb230863957952c0bbd6be40e568ca4_origina

From the page: "Classic JRPG combat meets action packed dungeons and stylish storytelling. Use skills and strategy to survive a lush, brutal landscape."

From the guys who made Darksiders and Joe Mad, the guy who created the visual style of Darksiders and comic artist.

• Hurlshot, ShadySands, Oner and 2 others like this

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3801 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm interested and I don't even (never have) follow(ed) the series.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2502 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I like the art and I usually don't for games like this

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6780 posts

d60a624b2a1c652f661a4b2f3fc15276_origina

Pros: 

• Garrison uses a shockingly reasonable sized sword
  • Scantily clad red head  :brows:
  • Badass looking golem

Cons:

• Gully's ridiculously gargantuan gauntlets

I'll definitely check it out if and when it releases and if and when they do a Linux port.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8890 posts

finally another game with b00bplate

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4646 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

finally another game with b00bplate

I think that would be half-b00b plate with fur-lined gorget and belt-suspended chausses. Almost ideal protection against male gaze attacks.

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6780 posts

I don't think there's any plate to it, it looks like leather, or some sort of fabric that's somehow defying gravity (unless there are straps hidden under her hilariously tiny vest) and covering part of her boobs.  Not the most protective outfit you can wear, but certainly effective for her "charm" ability.

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2911 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Did he ever finish the series? I bought first trade, but there was never a second one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users