Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Backer Beta Build 435 is Live!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9963 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Brandon Adler said they might do one more (yay).

If you want to have a look at the fix rate, check out this thread

They fixed hundreds of my bug reports alone in the last two patches

• Matt516 and BlueLion like this

Cluas

Cluas

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Steam:Cluascorp
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Yeah they fixed so many. Awesome. My latest game was a rush, but it was f*** fun :D

Oxford_Guy

Oxford_Guy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

• When characters are given a movement command they all begin running in unison, perfectly synced.

This one is quite funny, as if they're competing for an Olympic synchronised adventuring trophy...

• Luckmann, AndreaColombo, Lephys and 2 others like this

Ineth

Ineth

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 637 posts

• When characters are given a movement command they all begin running in unison, perfectly synced.

This one is quite funny, as if they're competing for an Olympic synchronised adventuring trophy...

Though I don't think the solution of the Infinity Engine games (waiting a random amount of time before starting to move) is great, either.

The problem is that when you want your character to run a zig zag route or "circle" or whatever, each time you give a new movement command in order to change direction, the character will stop and stand still for a while, which is both annoying and can be a disadvantage when trying to outrun enemies.

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3494 posts

I don't see it as a problem that you are at a slight disadvantage as you zig-zag or run around like crazy. Most people don't turn in a penny.

Something that might be fun would be to actually tie it to the Athletics Skill. The higher Athletics, the lower this already extremely minute hiccup would be, and since it's unlikely that two persons would have the exact same Athletics (bar Adventurer's Hall clones with 0 or something) you'd avoid the army of clones visual.

Really, in the IE games, you never really were at a disadvantage due to this really, really, really minor thing. It's hardly noticeable, yet the visual effect is invaluable.

• AndreaColombo and Matt516 like this

finalnight

finalnight

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

First off, thank you guys for being awesome throughout these past few years, I've heard horror stories about kickstarter but this has been better than I've ever imagined.

Secondly...

Fixed Issues:

• Now able to equip shields in your right hand.

Does this mean what I think it means????

This?

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9963 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer
I don't believe you can actually equip shields in your right hand (it's not working).

Styger

Styger

Ancient Sk√°ld Warrior of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:0:2591221

I don't believe you can actually equip shields in your right hand (it's not working).

Just checked and confirmed, cannot equip shield in the right hand slot :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users