Sid Meier's Starships

Leferd

New video of Sid Meier showcasing gameplay for HIS next game.

Impressive demo. Looks like it'll have both a strategic and deep tactical component to it. I really dig the hexagon tiles --classic grognardism.

So this came out of nowhere.

Dare I say the REAL Beyond Civilization?

New video of Sid Meier showcasing gameplay for HIS next game.

Impressive demo. Looks like it'll have both a strategic and deep tactical component to it. I really dig the hexagon tiles --classic grognardism.

So this came out of nowhere.

Dare I say the REAL Beyond Civilization?

I would say no, game don't have enough depth to be real 4x game. 

My first impression after first game is that game is somewhat small scope strategy game that focuses on tactical space combat. In my opinion strategy game part lacks too much depth to be interesting for long run, but in other hand tactical space battles are very entertaining and they have quite lot depth in them.

• Like 2

I have seen a lot of complains about the game, but these are mostly the people that expect it to be more developed 4x strat instead of what it is and meant to be to begin with. a tactical turn based combat game, with flavor of 4x add on to keep the replay value higher up.

like people expected CiV:BE 1.5 ... I think it does well what it was meant to be and short runs are exactly what should make it fresh each time you restart the campaign.

• Like 2

Played for about an hour and a half. Elerond and Darkpriest have the right of it.

The strategic aspects of the game are barebones and are used as primarily as a vehicle to drive its core gameplay element: starship combat. Which I believe they've hit a home run on.

It's a fun game.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Played for about an hour and a half. Elerond and Darkpriest have the right of it.

The strategic aspects of the game are barebones and are used as primarily as a vehicle to drive its core gameplay element: starship combat. Which I believe they've hit a home run on.

It's a fun game.

Nice.

My main problem with x4 games (especially Civ) is that, after a while, it becomes very clear that you can't diversify your cities/planets/what have you as much as you really want.

How do you build ships? I can only upgrade.

1. Click on the [upgrade Build and Repair Starships] Icon on the bottom.  
  2. Click on the [Add Ship] button. 

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle