What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Blackguards as I forgot to finish it. Did the Baroness rescue, barely.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the record, I think BInfinite is a good game, I just don't think it's the MASTERPIECE the media made it out to be.  I can name 5 single player FPSs I think are significantly better right off the top of my head:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadows of Chernobyl 

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  Call of Pripyat

None of the Half Life games on that list? For shame!

For the record, I think BInfinite is a good game, I just don't think it's the MASTERPIECE the media made it out to be.  I can name 5 single player FPSs I think are significantly better right off the top of my head:

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

No Half-Life? No Duke Nukem 3D? No Quake? No Doom? WTF is this ****ty list?

EDIT: Besides we all know that Lord Gaben will give us Half Life 3 > All others

Edited by Darkpriest

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

Which part of "off the top of my head" do people not understand?  It wasn't meant to be a comprehensive list, it's stuff that came to mind without even thinking about it and all those are games I've played somewhat recently, hence they were fresh in my mind.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bioshock: Infinite had a much better story. I am not sure if Wolfenstein: The New Order even had one and while the gunplay was great in The New Order the variety in guns was pretty bad. I liked Wolfenstein: The New Order a lot and I appreciate the good things in it(such as the art, the humor, the gameplay etc.) but I did expect a little bit more of it. I am excited to see how Wolfenstein: The Old Blood will turn out.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

Which part of "off the top of my head" do people not understand?  It wasn't meant to be a comprehensive list, it's stuff that came to mind without even thinking about it and all those are games I've played somewhat recently, hence they were fresh in my mind.

Allow me to add the missing part to my post: ;)

On topic, I started playing Civ Beyond Earth and fell victim to the "one more turn"-syndrome. *yawn* stupid alarm clock.

Alien Isolation.

Wow, this game looks fantastic. The atmosphere is like nothing I've played. So immersive that I... WAIT WHY THE **** I CAN'T PICK UP THE GUN THE GUY I JUST BLUDGEONED TO DEATH DROPPED

:rolleyes:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

InFamous Second Son.  I liked First Light enough that I decided to get this one on sale for $20.  One thing I don't like is the tutorial isn't very informative.  It'll wait until you fail or stand around doing nothing for a while before a screen prompt actually instructs you on which buttons/powers to use.

Other than that, it plays a lot like First Light.  So decent fun so far.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished BInfinite's main campaign.  My earlier thoughts on the game stand, it's good but not great.  The story is cool so long as you turn your brain off and play along without thinking anything through.  Still, I did blow through the game in about 4 or 5 days, and not because it was particularly short (wasn't particularly long either), but because I wanted to keep playing it and to see it through, so it's got that going for it.  I'll play Burial at Sea sometime in the future (not now because PoE is almost here), hopefully that's better than the main campaign.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester